Post Your 5TH ELEMENT props/replicas here

Can someone who knows about production explain why they wanted the Mondoshawan suits destroyed?

They would auction for a bunch or keep them for sequels, etc. Why destroy them? Was it a Stanley Kubrick 2001 destroy it all so they won't make a sequel type thing? That didn't work.

Thanks
skip to 7:10 i think it was a kubrick senario

don't think i ever added these to this thread
View attachment 1433981
Those are awesome, are they from the production? Don’t remember if you made them?
Can someone who knows about production explain why they wanted the Mondoshawan suits destroyed?

They would auction for a bunch or keep them for sequels, etc. Why destroy them? Was it a Stanley Kubrick 2001 destroy it all so they won't make a sequel type thing? That didn't work.

Thanks
I think it was because the movie should be considered “art”, so the movie itself will be the end Produkt. Stupid if you ask me.
This was probably the reason why it took so long for 5th element props to surface.

But we also know that many props made it and are in collections today.

Well now wait a minute... Nick Dudman said that he would never sell that last remaining Mondoshawan suit. So what was it doing at PSoL? What the hell, Nick? :p
Haha, but he waited approx 20 years!

Here’s another one from my collection, it’s a rubber stunt version of Korben’s gun. Still in great shape but has seen some action.
F9450069-D165-4C03-8AE5-A7D6F43C843D.jpeg

I printed up a mondo head and its been waiting for finishing for over a year partially because I haven't had the time and partly because I dont have a good plan for that speckled finish. Ive seen the head in a few colors on original prop. Version 1 is sort of a gold bronze appearance and Version 2 on the the full body appears silver.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the finish? Im thinking of flicking silver over the black base with a toothbrush and the doing gold clear over parts of the head.

I printed up a mondo head and its been waiting for finishing for over a year partially because I haven't had the time and partly because I dont have a good plan for that speckled finish. Ive seen the head in a few colors on original prop. Version 1 is sort of a gold bronze appearance and Version 2 on the the full body appears silver.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the finish? Im thinking of flicking silver over the black base with a toothbrush and the doing gold clear over parts of the head.
Your on the right track! Black base, and flicker pale gold and gold with a brush over the surface until it almost cover the whole surface over the black. Then some soft patina and clear gloss over that.
atleast that’s how my screen used heads made, take a look over at page 15 of this thread, I posted a picture of my Mondo and you might use the picture to see how it was done on it. Hope this helps?

Your on the right track! Black base, and flicker pale gold and gold with a brush over the surface until it almost cover the whole surface over the black. Then some soft patina and clear gloss over that.
atleast that’s how my screen used heads made, take a look over at page 15 of this thread, I posted a picture of my Mondo and you might use the picture to see how it was done on it. Hope this helps?
Thank you so much for the assist!

My key to the Egyptian crypt from The Fifth Element has arrived from the UK (by Russell Brown on Etsy). It's a real machined brass key and aluminum holder with plexiglass clear tube to display it in. It's sitting alongside my Fifth Element stones (KerberTronIndustries on Etsy) that are candle holders (each scented colored candle for each element since I can't light them up like in the movie when they're activated plus they freshen the bathroom! :D ) located in the half-bathroom right off the home theater room (where most of my props are located, although there's also various movie lighters and an amber stone from Jurassic Park in the half-bath plus a couple of Tron figures I didn't know where else to put).

The Key:

Fifth Element Key 01s.jpg

In place in the half-bathroom display:

Fifth Element Stones and Key 01.jpg

Earlier photo before I got the key showing the candles lit:

Fifth Element Candles Lit4.jpg

Last edited:
This is the set I am going to get. He is going to be starting on the next batch soon.

This is the set I have and I’m really happy with it. Just make sure he packs them carefully. He should probably wrap each stone in cling wrap. I remember my set being packed well but the material these are made from chip easily. I had 2 small edges that chipped. But I saw another member have much more damage.

This is the set I have and I’m really happy with it. Just make sure he packs them carefully. He should probably wrap each stone in cling wrap. I remember my set being packed well but the material these are made from chip easily. I had 2 small edges that chipped. But I saw another member have much more damage.

THose look great! Look accurate too.

Here are my stones I completed a week back. 3d printed from a file I found years ago (in truth they've been printed since I found the file, they just sat in a 'to be worked on' pile)

then a lot of extra work with a Dremel for the scratches and dings, and paint.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These look great.

Looking at so many different ones before I found the ones I am going with I feel these and the Indy TOD Sankara Stones are two of the simplest props that are very hard to get right.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back