Pokemon - Jigglypuff

Apex

Hi,

Thought I might make my RPF debut and show off what I'm currently making.
I've only just recently started in the world of prop making. Learning everything from the internet, (mostly here :) ) and just basically getting my hands dirty and learning from my mistakes.

October 2013, I decided to create a model for my gf for Christmas. One of her favorite Pokemon is Jigglypuff. So i decided to create a model replica of Jigglypuff.

Unfortunately due to time and resources this was not done by Christmas. I have literally just finished casting my first attempt.

I made a pepakura model first. The design came from PaperPokes PaperPokés - Pokémon Papercrafts and I would like to thank the people for the design.

WP_20131117_002.jpg
WP_20131207_003.jpg
WP_20131208_003.jpg
WP_20140111_009.jpg

WP_20140112_001.jpg

First attempt
WP_20140112_007.jpg

Unfortunately one of the ears didn't get enough resin during the casting

WP_20140112_003.jpg
WP_20140112_005.jpg

I'll keep posting on the development :)

Also one of my favorite Pokemon.

Tell us more about it.

Did you paint your model with resin and then cover it with Bondo?

What about the feet?

-MJ

Hi again.

So after work today I had another go at casting. This time it worked perfectly. :)

WP_20140113_003.jpg

Jigglypuff stands at 17cm tall.This is without feet. The feet I believe are about 2cm tall. So your almost looking at 19cm tall in total
The feet are ready to be cast in silicone. I left this last since this would be easier than the rest of the model

The paper I used was card stock rated at 300gsm and just symbol glue cement was used to put it together.

Once the paper version was done, I coated the model with 2 coats of fibre glass resin. I could only paint the outside of the model cause I closed it up. This did cause a bit of issue later on because the model start to flex making it difficult to put the clay on and to smooth

The first clay I used was a simple cheap plasticine clay. This went on quickly but it wasn't till I was cleaning up the model that it became a nightmare. Every time I touched it, I would of had to clean it again. I was lucky to find that my local art supplier (Barnes - Brisbane) they had stocked Monster clay. I'm amazed of this stuff. It was perfect.

Funny thing I found with the Monster clay was that after it return to room temperature it started to look like chocolate.... Am I the only one who noticed this???

The silicone mold was made from Pinkysil. This stuff was great and quick setting. Although i wish i didn't use as much

When it came time for the resin, I decided to do a combination of slush and roto-casting. This gave me the opportunity to make sure the face of the model gets a nice even cover and making sure no bubbles formed.
Once I placed a couple of coats on each side of the mold, I put the two halves together and did two coats along the joins. One down side was that due to the amount of silicone used to make the molds this made the entire thing a bit heavy for manual roto-casting. If I was going to do this again i think i would of done a jacket method instead.

So next stop is to my local Bunning warehouse to pick up some spray paint and sand paper.

Stay tune

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back