Please delete project scrapped

SqueekinOrka

Hi everyone,

I'm making a start on my very first bulid. Haven't got far at all,I've made 1 rough cut template for the top of the leg so far. Before i get any further i was wondering if there is a way to scale armor. I'm copying from screenshots of my character trying to see where it is and trying to measure it for my self.

For the piece that i've done,i drew the rough shape on poster board cut it out and put it up against my leg and see how it matches from the picture and on me.

I'm not to sure if this is a good way to do it or not or if there is some kind of scaling method that can help with scaling. Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated,i may post quite a few questions along the way so be warned lol.

I have attached a picture to compare from the screenshot to how it looks on my leg. Please note that the pictures may not be to much help at all but i hope it gives a very rough idea. The piece is a rough cut of the shape. If it looks good then i will cut it down and shape it.

Thank you in advance and *fingerscrossed* i can make my recon (current avatar and sig)a reality.

Last edited:
Re: First bulid is a go!

Graph paper and trial and error is what I've been doing, but I'm on my first build as well.

I'm certain others have better advice than I do.

This is how I've done armor in the past too. :) Great job! Keep it up, I'm looking forward to following it.

Thanks Lucien. Goodluck on your first bulid and what is it that your making ?

Jogbiwan i'm attempting to make my recon suit from the game Global Agenda. I've posted some screenshots on my profile in an album. It's a great addicting game that i highly recommend. They have some really cool looking suits and weapons that i really hope to make as well. Like the Dome Defence visor and assassin blade to name a few and possibly a colony drone.Another cool costume would be one of the elites (helot,techro,alchemist and assassin) but would be pretty hard though. I can get screen shots if you'd like to see what they are :)

Here's a link for what a Colony Drone looks like.
Colony Drone - Colony Drone - Global Agenda Wiki

Thank you Guri. I shall keep this as up to date as possible and it's nice to hear others have made costumes the same way. Glad i'm on track and actually making something. :)

Thank you Guri. I shall keep this as up to date as possible and it's nice to hear others have made costumes the same way. Glad i'm on track and actually making something. :)

Sure!

If you want, take a look at my 3 tutorials on template making based on how I figured out the Eomer armor:

Templatemaking1

It uses the method you're using and a few others - it was trial and error until I figured out what worked for it. It might help you out brainstorming some. :)

Last edited:

Sure!

If you want, take a look at my 3 tutorials on template making based on how I figured out the Eomer armor:

Templatemaking1

It uses the method you're using and a few others - it was trial and error until I figured out what worked for it. It might help you out brainstorming some. :)

Thank you very much,i shall take a look. :)

Graph paper and trial and error is what I've been doing, but I'm on my first build as well.

I'm certain others have better advice than I do.

That's probably the best most common sense advice.

also, get a lot of REFERENCE from as many angles as possible.

:thumbsup

That's probably the best most common sense advice.

also, get a lot of REFERENCE from as many angles as possible.

:thumbsup

Sounds good :)

That i can do. On the character screen you can turn the character 360 degrees so you can get a lot of shots.

Thanks

Very small update.

Making a start on the boots that i may use,but if i find another pair of boots that may work and are my size (i'm a 7.5,boots in pic are 8)then i may use them instead of the ones in the picture. Figure it would help me as i can actually work on something.

All laces and zipper will be hidden i plan on making the armor to sit on top but will figure it out more as i work my way through this bulid.

Will continue to work on this bulid and remind myself to go slower and that there is no rush. I feel that i'm rushing it even though the templates are rough cut and are not yet completely done. There's no rush and i don't know why i'm rushing or so i feel anyway. I will take my time and do my best to make this look good when it's done.:)

Small update: new templates and i gave up on the boots for now. Found another way to make templates.

I found a screenshot that i took from the game and i enlarged it and zoomed in 300%. Checked the print preview for each page printed and it's came out pretty dam close to my actual size. It was done on Windows 7 MS Paint.

In the picture are the body pieces (only the left side),top leg,knee and shoulder piece.

I'm cutting out the templates slowly but i'm happy with the progress so far and the fact that i've started it.

Enjoy and i'll keep you posted :)

Yep! ... well, I guess technically it's my second build but the first one was such a fumble that I abandoned it.

Every journey begins with a first step, your off to a great start, cant wait to see where this one goes.

Sorry i haven't updated this for a while.My attention has been divided. I'm currently working on the helm and still need to make templates. But may try and get the helmet done first and that's what i'm currently working on. It's a mess at the moment as i'm making a template version then i will move on to the real thing once i'm happy at how it fits together.

But i have a quick question wonder if anyone could help.

Would it be possible to some how sew or hot glue a balaclava on to the helmet and then build on to the balaclava? (highlighted section in attached picture)

Thanks in advance and i will try to post pics asap.

possibly, but youd probably have to do the gluing while its on a dummy head or on your own head, otherwise whatever you glue to it could prevent the balaclava from stretching properly and smoothly

Re: GA - Recon (First bulid)

Showing you some pictures of the helmet so far.

1) This image has threw me of. I think the reason is because my helmet is tilted up and the screenshot image is facing down. The pieces above the eyes may look larger and doesn't seem to be to accurate. I did a little coloring and tried to figure out what would and would not be seen behind the visor. That's what the black lines are if your wondering.

Might be better if i take a picture wearing it to get a better idea. I may upload that a little later on.

2) Cut out a visor template (will need to be modified) to give me a rough idea of how it may look with a visor from the front. I cut eye holes in it so i could see how it looks with it on.

3) Side view of the helmet with the template visor.

That's the current state of the helmet so far. Updates are slow but i will keep you posted :)

This project has been scrapped and i will no longer be working on it.

Made a new start on a new project. It technically is still Global Agenda. :D
Thanks for your interest and suggestions and tips i really appreciate it the feedback that i got making this.

I feel making something with a little more guidance would be better for a first project.

Thanks again and please delete this thread.

That has happened to me before too... too many times. :p I get really excited about something and buy a bunch of stuff, start working on it and all inspiration just goes away when another idea comes forward. (or life gets too busy)

There is no need to delete the thread, though is there? Others might find some of the progress and tips useful.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back