Playing with Foamies-Predator style

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
So I joined the Hunters Lair. I plan on doing a Predator costume over the next several months. I hope to have it ready for Wonderfest next year. The armor is going to be done the Foamie method. I had seen this stuff but had never bought any as I had no use for it. Then when I found out this is great stuff for making Predator armor I had to give it a shot. I picked up several sheet of 2mm and 3mm sheets from HobbyLobby. To learn how to use the stuff I made a Predator thigh armor piece. It's a little small, but this was just a test to see what I could do with it. Plus Foamies are dirt cheap, 0.89 cents a sheet!

First I grabbed a sheet of 3mm black Foamie and a Foamie marker.
095.jpg

I layed out some templates I made from poster board and traced out.
096.jpg

After cutting them out and some hot glue action I had this.
098.jpg

100.jpg

They were given a coat of diluted white glue to seal the foam in preperation for paint. Then it was shot with some silver paint.
020-4.jpg

021-5.jpg

After that was dry I sprayed the edges with a slightly darker silver, a gunmetal color for some hightls and contrast.
016-4.jpg

017-4.jpg

A few pics with some black weathering.
014-6.jpg

015-5.jpg

016-5.jpg

So far it's looking pretty darn good. The foam is easy to work with. It also holds bends after a little heat is applied. I'm looking forward to start on the actual armor itself. This is going to be a fun project.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back