PlatinumPatriot - Metal Master Chief build

... be nice to have some links here so I can check those rifles out.

Anyway, Mine's Done:

mc27j.jpg

Here's a scale-comparison to my M4 Paintball Gun.

...There's an idea. I wonder if I can find a cheap paintball gun, and fit it inside the stamped version.... interesting.

...WOW... ok, um, I just bought Halo Anniversary, and really like the suit. So I started looking around, started noticing the Reach armor and others, and like alot of them... SO, here's what I'm going to do:

IN ADDITION to making the suit I'm currently making, I'm going to start making one of the armors below, and so on....

Granted, i'll have probably 5 Halo Suits or so when I'm done, but each one will be different. But ALL of them, will be Light-weight steel.

So here we go:

I bought the game:
69160663.png

Finally found a stomach plate:
39869350.png

Then I saw a version of the armor that was using magazine
pouches to fill in the gap between the Hip and Chest:
clip1w.jpg

So then I looked around at other armors:

67784084.png

65871197.png

38273909.png

76528466.png

79807802.png

12849217.png

66557099.png

40751646.png

92616022.png

Now, I just gotta find those suits in .PDO

... BUT, that's kinda a different build, so i'll just stick to the suit i'm building right now.

Or, mabey just change a part here and there.... i dunno.

Though, Changing parts wouldnt make it a MASTER CHIEF...technically.

Last edited:
... I tried to make a Halo 2 version of the helmet, I used a TESTER, and yet another mis-hap.

It came out too big, and I couldnt shorten it to make it work for me, but oh well,... now I have a helmet of Master Chief for my dog.

Mabey I can spin this off, and make an armor set for my dog, too.

Has anyone else made ANIMAL ARMOR, or am I the 1st?

Last edited:
Dunno. Definitely scale up the armor to fit an under layer. I wanted to test making a relatively accurate under layer, just as a project. Plus, once it's done, people can copy. The thread link is here for a thread I had on the topic. Not much here as not much interest was generated. It's like one of a couple ambitious projects (with a full metal Halo suit added) I have. Not exactly cheap projects either.

...Just a heads-up here;

I MAY or MAY NOT be moving soon (un-ruley land lord), so This may be put on a back burner for a few months... I'll keep you updated.

Well this really sucks. I started my helm - Which is a "COMMANDO" helm that someone modelled, because I like the look of it better than master cheifs, but anyway, I got 1/2 way done, before realizing that the scale is too small.

So now I have to re-size it, and start over. A nice waste of 7 pages...

mc11fail.jpg

It almost looks like a TRON helmet from the side.

Here is how I fixed the problems I had in scaling my helms: Identify and ONLY print out the pieces for the helm's opening. Glue them together and measure the opening to see if it will fit over your head properly. If not, measure the opening and compare it to the actual size of your head ( Tack a piece of posterboard to your wall and have someone mark the front, back, sides top and bottom of your head). Figure out the percentage difference in the two and increase the scale of your pep by the proper percentage. Re-print ONLY the opening pieces and try again until it fits over your head correctly. Stick with that measurement and print the rest of the helm...it should then be properly scaled and it saves TONS of paper. Hope this helps!

I know the neck opening was one issue I was having, then it came down to the back section. If you'll notice in the RIGHT pic above, the BACK of the helmet sticks out, far from the neck. So it kinda depends on how your skull is shaped, unfortunately, mine isnt shaped like the back of the helmet.... So I was having size issues.

Even if you made the helmet "slightly" too big,you can add foam padding. And if, for instance, you plan on adding lights, speakers, other electronics, that will still take space. Wires, lights and what not do take up space. :lol

A little extra space ain't a bad thing here.

Even if you made the helmet "slightly" too big,you can add foam padding. And if, for instance, you plan on adding lights, speakers, other electronics, that will still take space. Wires, lights and what not do take up space. :lol

A little extra space ain't a bad thing here.

Very true....you may want to include an exhaust fan or two as well for cooling and such. A little extra room is a good thing...but waaaaaaay too much makes the helm useless. My first helm was scaled for John-117 himself...and despite the fact I am six feet tall that freaking thing was HUGE!!! I probably could have fit a pieced-out laptop in there as well as everything else you need for a helm. Believe it or not, Pep work has been more difficult for me than the metal armour I used to make!

Very true....you may want to include an exhaust fan or two as well for cooling and such. A little extra room is a good thing...but waaaaaaay too much makes the helm useless. My first helm was scaled for John-117 himself...and despite the fact I am six feet tall that freaking thing was HUGE!!! I probably could have fit a pieced-out laptop in there as well as everything else you need for a helm.

*Snorts* Well....considering all of the augmentations....

Cooling fans, lights, wiring (musn't forget that!), places for batteries (probably AA or C size, most feasible in weight. D size? Only for really heavy duty crap.), a HUD if you can actually program the thing (and if you can, let me know, I'd want to know how, just for like a sensor/detection program type thing), speakers both internal and external, mics, again, internal and external, an air recycling system, so you don't have to suffocate :eek. What else am I missing?

Eh, most of the stuff depending on the helmet I've notices, you could actually imbed into different parts.
An Example:
A regular helm (like what S-117 wears) could hold the lights right were you'd think. The internal speakers would be right next to the ears, and external near where the mouth is. The rebreather would be near the fans, to 1) re-oxidize the air, 2) circulate the recycled air. The internal mics would be near the mouth, but not to close, to prevent it sounding like your sucking on the mics. The exernal mics would have to be multiple places, but hidden, like near the front, but not close to the external speakers to prevent feedback. The HUD is pretty obvious, and the fans and air recycler would be wherever you thought best. The batteries could be placed in the little alcove at the back of the head, hidden by a removeable panel of foam, and the wiring being imbedded either into the helmet itself, or behind the foam. Behind the foam means it can be replaced if the wires get to be bad somehow, but would be less hassle than having to remake a helm with the wires imbedded each time a wire gets to be too stripped.

Sad thing is that I thought about this as I was typing it up.

Believe it or not, Pep work has been more difficult for me than the metal armour I used to make!

Like that's a surprise. Just having done the first part of the Pep work, it's a right Pain In The Ass (P.I.T.A. if you prefer). To be honest, for a real, honest to god go at a helmet I'd only use the Pep as the model. Make the model like you would normally, Pepped, Bondo, etc. Make a negative cast, half at a time, out of, say Plaster of Paris, or some other material, with a Vaseline layer underneath. But keeping the original mold and in a padded box, just in case the negative gets destroyed. No reason to have to go through the whole ordeal again, right? Make a cast from the negative out of Fiberglass. You get the shape of the original mold, but you get some of that extra space as well. Since it's fiberglass, making sure to have a neck seal built around the base, and a little extra padding. This idea was based off of EvilFx's method on his site.

On the plus side, you only have to mess with the Pep enough times to get the fit right, though if it's a bit small in the original, it should be a bit bigger in the end, but better safe than sorry.

Sometimes I'm amazed at the things that come up when I do a search for my username. I couldn't help but chime in on this thread. Specifically:

"Rifle" is a vague reference, hence the reason you get back So Many results. "Halo Rifle" doesnt bring up much, if anything.

Hence the reason you didnt post any links in your reply.

I did a search for "Halo Rifle" and found 129 threads. I must've spelled it differently. If you want to see my HALO weapon builds, they're scattered all over here, but I've got them all in one thread on the 405th: Finally Started This......

Feel free to check it out at your liesure.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back