Plastidip webs?

Cole Dockery

I recently completed a spiderman cosplay and was wondering if I could use plasti dip as a sort of paint for the web pattern. I used sharpie throughout the project though I know as I wash the suit the sharpie will fade. On the can it says the spray can be used on fabric but I wanted a second opinion.

Attachments

• 0BAF2789-87F1-4A5B-B0FD-673AF9469D0D.jpeg
    0BAF2789-87F1-4A5B-B0FD-673AF9469D0D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
  • B53578B3-57A4-48A0-A7EE-C96B16DB23C4.jpeg
    B53578B3-57A4-48A0-A7EE-C96B16DB23C4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
I think plastidipping the webs on would be a lot more effort than just getting some puff paint and tracing over where you used the sharpies but that's just my opinion. I haven't heard of anyone using plastidip for the webs but it could work.

If you're doing PlastiDip spraypaint, its best to do it when its unsewn fabric. You can make a stencil over the red parts so you have a clean web pattern. Or instead of using plastidip, you can try screenprinting (No i don't mean the mass production kind). Theres a method of screen printing where the frame is temporary and you can reuse it for other projects.
Its where you can use paper stencils on a screenprint board.

I tried to rubberize a cape with a waffle pattern for a Robin costume with Plastidip and found it didn’t have enough build on the fabric to be worth the effort. Something thicker like the puff paint suggestion is a better choice IMO

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back