Planet of the Apes Taylor (Heston) Costume

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We just finished this outfit for one of our customers. We made the top, pants and boots and he added the patches himself.

Screenshot2013-03-08at12142AM_zpsbfde380e.png

Screenshot2013-03-08at12220AM_zps3e58718a.png

Screenshot2013-03-08at12304AM_zpsd5365324.png

Screenshot2013-03-08at12333AM_zpse366b22c.png

Screenshot2013-03-08at12404AM_zps6577550d.png

Kind regards,
Magnoli

No, the suit is cotton with a satin lining, though we could certainly make one in leather if you wanted. And yes, the boots are custom made by Magnoli Clothiers. ;) Both the flight suit and boots are available on our site:

ANSA Gear by Magnoli Clothiers

Kind regards,
Indy

Did you make repo boots like original ones? old boxing shoes with glued on leather uppers and zipper? looks pretty close to original one, did you have problems getting the correct color of costume? goapebilly

These boots were professionally made by our cobblers from scratch, so we didn't start with a base boot. There are strickly zip-up boots, they don't have lacers underneath.

The entire outfit is slightly off-white and we're all happy with the end result.

Hah, I was expecting to see a loincloth and a collar. ;)

"Apes" is still one of my favorite movies, and the suit looks great.

So this Suit and boots are meant to be displayed not worn since there isn't any sizes given for the garment or the boots? For that price I want to wear it.

So this Suit and boots are meant to be displayed not worn since there isn't any sizes given for the garment or the boots? For that price I want to wear it.

Not at all, these are completely made-to-measure. Simply fill out the measurement forms located in your account on our site before placing your order.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back