PKD KIT...I just got it cheap. What is it??

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by TazVader, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

G'day folks,

I am by no means an expert and with the customs issues we have in Australia I picked this kit up fairly cheaply here. I know it's not RAC quality but it's better than nothing LOL Can anyone tell me what it is? Will it turn out ok? Help tips and advice is cool. Even pics of a built up one. It has something like yaksumata-D on the top of one part.

Regards
    TAZ

PS Anyone in Aussie with a better kit or a SIDKIT or RAC they wanna get rid of let me know please:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hirohawa

Hirohawa Sr Member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  3. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

so....ummm....it is good then? I purchased it om Evilbay.

Regards
    TAZ

4. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Rick's casting is very clean and detailed. With a good paintjob (and Karl's WorldCon reference pics), it can look awesome. I've got one of his PKD-M myself from his 2006 run still waiting to be painted.

5. darcjedi

darcjedi Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Its terrible. I tell ya what, just send it to me and I'll make sure noone else wastes their money on a kit of that caliber. :cool

Blade Walker likes this.
  6. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Ha ha. Thanks guy's LOL So I gather the chamber opens up then? I know nothing about it. It's in the mail at the moment. When I get it I'll post pics and expect help from you guru's LOL

Regards
    TAZ

7. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Taz, the parts are all molded resin pieces, no moving parts. So no, the chamber doesn't open (and the triggers also don't move).

8. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

Actually, the back trigger has a pivot an small tension spring so it does have limited movement on that 1 part. :)

Everything else is static though.

Bruce

9. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Oh...well that sucks then LOL I wonder if anyone sells the resin hero sorta kits still. I'd have to get it bit by bit to get through customs though LOL

Regards
    TAZ

10. Hirohawa

Hirohawa Sr Member

Here you go - Resin with movable parts, cylinder, bolt etc.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=42316

11. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

just sent him a PM. Hope it's still for sale? LOL

Regards
    TAZ

12. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

That kit is a recast guys. That's not one of Rick's kits.

13. rollerboi

rollerboi Sr Member

If my memory serves me correctly, my PKD snub kit from Rick was cast in a light grey resin, not the bone white you see in the picture. It's been such a long time.

14. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Rick's doesn't cast the trigger guard on the frame in any of his kits to my knowledge, and I think the upper is always connected to the side panels. At least all of mine have been that way, and all the pics of raw kits I've seen from Rick are that way too.

15. androidandy

androidandy Sr Member

I talked to Rick about it. It is possible it is one that was made by Charles Wallace after Rick sold off his masters to him back in 2002. It could also be a recast by someone in Australia, since this seller seems to have a new one up every week.

It is based (cast) off of one of his later versions of the PKD-2. In any case it is not a Rick Ross kit. He does only mold his kits in either Grey or army green resin. He would only use other color resins for tests.

The cast on trigger guard is something he does do, or has done. In his later versions of the kits he began to simplify the parts to save himself some time. Some of his early kits he had fewer parts too, untill he thought it would make them desirable and easier to modify. I have a kit from him back in 2000(?) that has the trigger guard molded in and I purchased it from him when he had his site way back then.

Andy

16. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Gee...LOL this kit is causing some interesting discussion LOL Wish I had known what I was buying. If I hadn't of missed out on the resin hero in the junkyard I would have passed on this. Anyone got one they wanna sell unbuilt?

Regards
    TAZ

17. Ramiel

Ramiel Sr Member

Well, mate, if you wanna get rid of that kit...
    LOL:D

18. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Thank you Andy, I was hoping someone else knew more.

:) I'd love to know for sure who is casting this kit. I've seen it on ebay over and over, and it's not from "chip wallace designs" so, maybe the aussie guy.

Njc----------