Pirates of the Caribbean Warning Sign

Onkelpsycho

Sr Member
It was a little project for the cold winterdays at the moment... Because I cant go outside and paint my Ghostbusters Slime Blower, I decide to work on some "indoor" props... Thats one of my first projects:

dsc03067p.jpg

dsc03062vd.jpg

dsc03063r.jpg

dsc03064k.jpg

Reference:

pirates_be_warned.jpg

I like the writing and the wood's shape, although the way the wood is "broken" looks a bit unnatural. (I know its tough to actually break the wood and make it look like the original one)

If you want to add the bird poo you might want to use wax from a burning candle. You can paint the wax afterwards. Did that a few years ago:

zimmer7.jpg

oh, and you can see why I like the shape of your letters. Mine are far from being screen acurate :angel

Thanks... Yeah, the breaking is not natural, but Ive got not the right tools to make it look like broken planks or something like that... And to break the wood is hard, because, when it breaks, it will break uncontrolable... :)

great stuff, I like most BHELIAS and PHArchivist´s versions

@OP - more weathering is needed, find a tree with doves, that should help...

;)

That's alot of poo...

deathscythe - I believe that noose is behind the sign. But it would look cool added to the sign.

Great work!

Best,
DBCooper

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back