Photos of a real ET Communicator

Got the movie on BluRay for Christmas, just got around to watching it tonight. As soon as I saw the communicator, I wondered if anyone on here had made one.

I see that most of this post is two years old, so whatever happened with this build?

Alex

It's mostly done but I have yet to finish it. I have all of the parts except for the coffee can. I look everywhere for it.

I don't have a place to display it or it'd be out.

I'm going to necro this but I have all the pieces with the exception of the UHF TV tuner and the assortment of multicolored wires (and what the hell are the weird prongs that touch the saw blade?!) any help on this would be appreciated and I can reciprocate as I've found a source for just about everything else.

I'm going to necro this but I have all the pieces with the exception of the UHF TV tuner and the assortment of multicolored wires (and what the hell are the weird prongs that touch the saw blade?!) any help on this would be appreciated and I can reciprocate as I've found a source for just about everything else.

The weird prongs are bobby pins. Here is a tip: the pins also have a fine wire soldered to them to make contact with the saw blade.

The weird prongs are bobby pins. Here is a tip: the pins also have a fine wire soldered to them to make contact with the saw blade.

Well that makes sense! Thanks
Do you happen to remember what model unit you pulled the VHF tuner from? That's the las piece I need then my life is complete :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back