Phone case to match your costume

afdanw

Are people making custom phone cases to match your costumes? we spend a lot of time, energy, and money to make nice costumes then just put your phone in your pocket. 1 thought i had was, most of the costumes it does not even make sense to have a cell phone so it does not matter (like a pirate with a cell phone makes no sense so why bother trying to make your phone make sense with your costume)? the other though was, if im going to have a phone maybe i should try make it match or make sense in some way just because. Im sure i cant be the first person to have this thought so im wondering what others are doing. Im not talking aobut the obvious ones like integrating your phone into the forearm computer thing on a predator costume, or things like that. I recently designed and 3d printed a case and am painting it to match the paint on my sub zero mask for my mortal kombat costume. Beyond the matching paint it has the lin kuie symbol engraved into it, and the words "sub zero wins fatality" also engraved into it. Post some pics and comments if you guys are customizing your phones to go with your costumes. Also if you think this is pointless and a dumb waste of time, feel free to say that as well just be civil about it. i will post a pic of my phone case when its done. It is close one more layer of clear coat then color sanding and it will be finished.

I haven't gone as far as you have. I have a simple, black-edged case with a clear plastic back. I can slip a piece of paper or a photo in between the phone and the case, and have it show through. I printed out a quickie insert with the Weylan-Yutani 'wing' design several months ago for a con when I went as a Nostromo crewman from Alien, I think, and I've been using it ever since. Poor quality photo attached : )

Attachments

• IMG_4653.jpg
    IMG_4653.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 157
Very nice! I can see you've got a kind of carbon fiber texture on both of those pieces – is that due to your printing process, or is it some kind of applique?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back