Pete Postlethwaite dies

Truly saddened to hear this. While the movies he was in were not always top of the heap, his portrayals were always on point.
He will certainly be missed....

I remember when I was kid, I first saw him in James and the Giant Peach and I've been a fan of his ever since. Every role he played was just top notch. I'm really sad that he's gone now...he was one of my favorite actors. :(

:( so sad. he's been one of my favorites. very compelling and so mesmerizing in everything he did, no matter how small the role. such unusual features too, which I always felt contributed to his making characters so interesting to watch, as opposed to the bland Ken doll types.

Dragonheart was the first role I saw him in. Had been a fan of his work ever since. Was so shocked to see this on news last night. RIP Pete. :(

He's one of those actors that we'd see pop up in a movie where we had no idea he was in it. "Hey, it's Pete!"

He will be sorely missed.

Just read the news. I liked him in Lost World. I guess his last two movies were Clash of the Titans and Inception. Was he in anymore last year?

I always thought he'd be great in a villain role in either a Star Trek movie or a James Bond movie.

RIP Pete.

He was in The Town also. Really great job in that one.

RIP Pete, he will always be Kobayashi to me.

Had the chance to meet him at a convention a few years ago but a few things happened and I missed the chance, gutted. A really great actor who will be missed

Did he really die, or did Kobayashi and Keyser Soze just disappear into thin air again?

The greatest trick Pete Postlethwaite ever played, was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Chad

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back