Pete Postlethwaite dies

Jannix Quinn

Sr Member
Revered actor Pete Postlethwaite dies - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Oscar-nominated actor Pete Postlethwaite has died aged 64 following a lengthy illness, a friend said.

Postlethwaite was one of Britain's top character actors and had major roles in films including The Usual Suspects and Brassed Off.

He received an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor for his role in In The Name Of The Father in 1993.

Journalist and friend Andrew Richardson said he died peacefully in hospital in Shropshire, west-central England, on Sunday (local time).

Postlethwaite was made an Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2004.

He was described by Hollywood director Steven Spielberg as "the best actor in the world" after they worked together on The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Amistad.

Postlethwaite had been receiving treatment for cancer.:thumbsdown

Sad...always loved him. One of my dreams was to see him play The Doctor. What a loss.

996RNJ_Pete_Postlethwaite_001.jpg

John

Wow, this is terrible. He's been in a lot of my favorite movies, I always liked his performances. RIP.

Good god, even younger than Grant McCune. As a friend of mine put it, 2011: it's out for blood.

It was Keyser Soze . He got to him. He can do it, you know. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

What a sad, sad loss, such a talented man, with, such a kind demeanor from my viewpoint, another face ill miss on my TV screen.

lee

Really saddened to just read this news......he was and always will be remembered as a great actor. So many great characters he portrayed....RIP

He was described by Hollywood director Steven Spielberg as "the best actor in the world" after they worked together on The Lost World: Jurassic and Amistad.

Steven says that about almost every actor he works with... but, this time, he's correct in saying so.

Just read the news. I liked him in Lost World. I guess his last two movies were Clash of the Titans and Inception. Was he in anymore last year?

I always thought he'd be great in a villain role in either a Star Trek movie or a James Bond movie.

RIP Pete.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back