Perma Wet issue

Elder one

Having trouble with some perma wet. First coat looked great, but was put on a little light. Next day added another coat. after two days, it never got it's luster.... Looks dull. not wet at all. I talked tp PJ at monster makers he had no clue or remedy.

Any suggestions?

Elder-One

did you brush it on or use an airbrush? when i brush it on i get the wet look, but when i use my airbrush it is a thinner coat and looks dull.

I hand brushed my entire alien suit with perma-wet and it turned out great, just have to be carefull not to let it "pool" up. Have not yet tried with an airbrush, but i can confirm that hand painting it on works well.

What I have noticed from my trials is when spraying it you have to lay it on kinda heavy. A light mist will fog up. But, the downside is if it pools it will look like puddles of milky looking stuff. I add a little water to the mix and it seems to help accually. Permawet has been tempermental for me. It seems like their batches are never the same and all spray different. You can also try Createx gloss clear. Thats what I spray.

I brushed it on. Straight from the bottle. I tried to keep spreading it thin as not to pool but it did in a couple of places. After the first coat it looked OK.... but not what I wanted, so I added another thin coat. It's not really cloudy - just not shiny anymore.

Also - this is on my elder mask from Con. I was trying to spruce it up a little, but I guess it will ahve to do as is. Thanks for the comments guys.

E-O

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back