Scuba Wet Suit idea......

Has anyone thought of using a 0.5mm scuba wet suit as a Pred suit? Same thickness as a latex roughly

• Email

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Text

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adrianpaulno1

Has any one used a scuba wet suit in 1 or 0.5mm thickness as a Pred-Suit?
Can be over sprayed for skin effect and may give a rough scale like texture? May be the same thickness as a latex suit.

Your right bud! I'm on it like a rash, presently sourcing a wet suit in 1 or 2 ml to fit
a 52" muscular chest. May have to get one tailor made.

Oh cricky, don't be saying that!! Pressure is now on!
The advantage I believe this may work is because I used to scuba dive
Up until last year. As well as a dry suit, I also had a wet suit (5ml thickness).
I had the wet suit for about 5yrs. I noticed that as of aged and was in the water,
out the water and Sun dried, it became more suppal and the surface of the suit
started to crack and resembled that of lizard scales.

A friend dropped some paint on his wetsuit which he kept in his garage. The paint (gloss),
dried pretty well on the suit and didn't peel away. Soooo, I'm thinking that this just might
be effective. Even if you primed it, and got some one with a bit of artistic flair to paint it up.
Wet suits can either come with a front zip or rear zip. Rear zips have a lead enabling the
wearer to be able to zip up and zip down by themselves. Wet suits come predominantly in
the colour Black, however, if you hunt around you will find them in light colours including White.

Second hand wetsuits can be found on eBay for only a few pounds/dollars, which makes
it more cost affective.

Wet suit thickness's come in as little as 0.5 ml, 2ml, 3ml, 5ml and as thick as 7ml. For Predator
purpose I would imagine the thinner the better for comfort and not getting to hot inside a thin suit.
In the water, water flushes through the suit keeping you warm and comfortable in the water.
It will also have the same charactoristics as a latex suit in that the body cannot "breath",
and swet not being able to escape.

I'm searching for a suit now to fit my broad chest. I shall let you know how I get on Predheads!!

Stay safe ........ Aliens out there!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back