Pepakura Bio WIP

XRobots

I'm still working on my Iron Man costume, but I thought I'd take some time to do a Predator project along the way since I've been posting here a while and not produced anything Predator related.

I downloaded the Pepakura file I found around here somewhere (model by Spartan857 / unfolded by mks81), and I've spent the last two days putting it together:

Pred_Bio01.jpg

I just need to stick a little more card inside so it holds its shape better, then I'll of course be using Jesmonite and fibreglass surface tissue to resin and reinforce it. More progress coming probably tomorrow.

good job on the pep bio i did not bother finish myn i fiberglassed it and screwd it to a post and i used it to sculpt my my on there was a bit to much work on the dome of the head for me to filler the cheeks on the bio was a nightmare to do but i bet you found that out lol cant wait to see an up date

Here's today's update. I worked my way from the middle outwards with Jesmonite and standard glass fibre surface tissue until it was all covered:

Pred_Bio02.jpg

I managed to crack a piece at the edge by holding it there before it had all set up properly, but I got it all covered and it's didn't go too soft that it became mis-shapen or anything. I'll be filling the rim in later so it's solid in any case:

Pred_Bio04.jpg

I also brushed a few coats on the outside, it'll need some more thinner coats and lots of sanding once its set... and of course all the other finishing:

Pred_Bio03.jpg

I'll probably mould off it and make a few in Jesmonite and glass fibre once I'm done...

Thanks guys. Yep - I tried to make it with the eyes missing, but it was impossible, so once I've reinforced it and smoothed it out a little all over I'll cut them out then.

I demand a status report, good sir!

Status is that I've been really busy recently... however I'm due to get the Jesmonite out again soon for this and some of my Iron Man parts that are made in the same way, so there'll be an update soonish.

Finally, some sort of update, albeit minor.

I decided that I since I spent so long making the paper stage of this, that I should make the most of the having the basic shape. Therefore, I've smoothed the rest of the mask out by filling and skimming the surface with a soft Klean Klay:

Pred_Bio05.jpg

Pred_Bio06.jpg

Pred_Bio07.jpg

It's not perfect, but it was much quicker than repeat sanding and filling. I now have two/three plans:

1) Make a mould from the mask as it is, which is currently being built up with latex and cloth layers. This will allow me to cast more copies of the mask to play with.

2) Then go back to the original and add more clay to make my custom bio. I'll be adding some lumps/spikes/battle damage etc in clay and then moulding from that to make another finished piece.

3) Take one of my other castings from the version of how it is now and 'cut it in half'. I always wondered what Predator would like like if they were captured by Star Trek's Borg - so I'll be making a version that covers only half of Predators face but has a whole eye cover with a tri-laser/LED assembly in it and various other wires etc that go into Predators head.

I'll probably sculpt my own Predator mask/bust at some point in the future to match it/them...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back