Pepakura bio building - questions

Jon

It's been a long time since I have been here. Haven't had much time to work on Predator stuff, with my saber-building business still taking up the bulk of my time.

A few days ago, I downloaded a pepakura file for a Predator bio, and I have been in the process of assembling it. From what I can see thus far, it is scaled quite small. Way too small to fit over a latex mask of any sort. As I progressed with the build (which is going well and giving me good results), I have come up with a few questions I would like to pose here:

1. Is the pepakura mask indeed too small? If I were to scale it up to fit over a latex mask, how far would I want to scale it up?

2. If I decided not to wear the bio over a mask, would it's default size be acceptable? I am 6' tall for reference.

3. If I didn't wear a latex mask, what would I attach the bio to in order for it to fit over my noggin and give me a place to attach dreds? I had considered the back portion of a full-coverage paintball helmet.

Any help you can lend would be appreciated. I hope to be done with the cutting and gluing of the pepakura by the end of this weekend, so I hope to have a picture or two up for viewing.

Thanks,

Jon

92 views with no response, so I'm bumping this.

I've put together one Pepakura mask, and it was WAY too small. Too small for even wearing it without a mask. Surely someone here has done a Pepakura bio and figured out the scaling factor. I searched, but didn't find anything. Someone help me out?

I've printed the pep files and it is small for me,. I sized it to 108% cos that was the biggest i could fit on the paper, that seemed to help a bit, it fits me better now but still wouldn't fit a mask under it i don't think. hope this helps

I've been doing some digging around online trying to get measuerements of the P1 bio, and am not coming up with anything. I am assuming (which is dangerous), that Pepakura makes reference to "width" as the largest width measurement of the model. In that case, I have scaled the model up to match a vague reference to "12 inches wide", which puts the height of the rescaled model at 412mm (16.22 inches).

If someone has a 1:1 P1 bio, could they take a tape measure across the widest part of the crown for me, so I could have a better idea of what to scale this thing at?

hey i did the same thing and built the default scale on the pep bio and im pretty sure the 12 " wide is close to 1/1 but my mask turned out big enough to wear just kinda small you can see some pics of it in my sig

I prepped some more card stock and printed out a scaled up version of the Pepakura file. I went with a twelve inch width for this one. Started putting the crown and top cap together last night, and it seems really large. Seems too big. I hope this isn't a "Goldilocks and the three bears" situation where I struggle to find the size that is "just right".

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back