Pennywise costume from Stephen King's It

This is my attempt at this costume. As an homage to Stephen King, I was Carrie and I made my man Pennywise. It was a big hit at my party! Didn't get the wig exactly right, but I'm still happy with it.

Last edited:
To really make your makeup " pop " try and find a set of FX Fangs by Dental Distortions. Here's me with a pair of them at the haunt this season :

315943_2178479658077_1129456954_3053579_1176900137_n.jpg

Pennywise is one of my favorite villains from Stephen King, and Tim Curry did a great job of bringing him to life. Likewise, you have pulled off a great tribute to the TV version of this fearsome clown!!

After two years of wanting to do Pennywise i went this year! It was so much effort! My partner made it all by hand and i done the bald cap as i seen on this thread it was a bit of a pain in the ass to be fair! The face painting took me 3hrs but once it was all done i was very happy with it! I know i have not the orange pom poms like in the movie but i couldn't get any over here and i ordered it online 2 weeks in advance and it only arrived today so i had to make do with the red:unsure

Great thread! This was one that inspired to me do a costume and a life-sized, which I am doing right now. Check out my thread. Shold be awesome once done! Great job on yours loved "IT!" :) Thanks for the inspiration!

If you look at the movie close up his shoes are just plain looking ,I used regular black rubber sole shoes.The costume was created by two ladies,a friend and my wife, from many different fab.from a couple of stores .The vest was sewed on to the costume and we made the back of it to open using velcrow to seal it.That way it didn't interfere with the pom,poms in the front.When it was finished and I wore it people knew it was IT.I'm still looking for a good head piece with the bald head and red hair but there is the BOZO head piece that works .A little of spirt gum white makeup and carefull attention to the colors in the eyes,mouth,and nose and thats that. :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Just shared "IT" with Kristen which now has me thinking about making this costume. Was looking for the wig as I think that is such an important part of the look. Saw this tutorial and thought it was one of the best wigs I have seen (wrong color but it is a start).

Trying to track the wig down now.

This is the closest I have found, but it is out of stock:

http://www.clownantics.com/bald-clown-wigs/bald-straight-clown-wig-red-4575-189-p.html

Last edited:
Good find there, Art....looks like a good basis for adaptation. It's Pennywise's 'bulging' forehead that looks to be the most difficult aspect of the wig/makeup.

Rob

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back