Park Sabers vs UltraSabers

Night and day.

Parks being the night.

For what they are, Ultrasabers are overpriced IMO.

Bad electronics, messy overuse of glue etc. Owned two and sold both.

I've only owned an empty Parks hilt before, but I can say with confidence, that his quality and electronics are much better!

Last edited:
I've only ordered from Parks, can't speak for Ultrasabers. Big downside to Parks is the huge wait time for orders (can be some months). I haven't received my sabers I ordered last November yet, and it could still be a while before I see them. I changed my order around a lot initially adding/removing different things and he always responded within a matter of hours and was happy to make the adjustments to my order. Just don't expect to hear anything for a good long while after you order.

He's also one of the only vendors doing an accurate MPP replica AFAIK.

I'm sure you've heard of the Parks controversies. If not, you may want to search for other Parks Sabers threads and have a read before you commit to buying from him.

I don't know much about Parks or electronics in general but I've owned 2 ultrasabers, an old RGB one for about 5 years and a newer Archon with a lot of CSS mods for about 3 years and both are still going strong. I love them both and I've always had prompt customer service to any questions or concerns. If I am looking to buy another (probably risking divorce in the process) I'm going back to Ultrasabers.

Just as an FYI - there are lightsaber forums at TCSS (the custom saber shop) and FX-sabers, as well as at the Imperial Royal Arms, that you might find also helpful.

As for Ultrasabers, there are many differing opinions. I started out with an Ultrasabers Dominix, which I subsequently gave away when I started to build my own sabers. Their internal build quality is functional, but mediocre at best, and their prices are fairly low (you of course get what you pay for). I have found their customer service to be...situation dependent. If you have praise for them and their products, then it's great. If you have any issues with your purchases or criticism, then I have found them to be.... poor (and that's putting it nicely).

Parks Sabers are much better overall quality, IMHO. But there is a cost differential. And yes, there have been controversies in the past with both vendors.

However, I would encourage you to also look into the possibility of constructing and building your own saber. You do need to have a little bit of basic electronics / physics knowledge and soldering ability, but once you get into it, it can be a pretty rewarding experience.

it honestly depends on what you want in a saber.
Parks: blade with lights, but long wait times, no sound. Sabers are reasonably accurate to film designs
Ultrasabers: lights + sound. Better customer service/communication than Parks. Film based designs are not even remotely accurate, hilts tend to be large, questionable craftsmanship with internal electronics

If all you want is a decent looking parks hilt, I would drop Korbanth a line.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back