Painting rubber boots, gloves and craft foam - Flexi-Dip + anything else?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am looking to paint a pair of shrimp boots and a pair of long rubber gloves a bright yellow for a Dr. Octopus costume. My understanding is that I should be using Rustoleum Flexi-Dip or Plasti-Dip for paint that will not crack or peel with the flexing of the rubber. I was hoping someone could verify or recommend a better approach?

if Flexi-Dip is the way to go, is there anything else I can top-coat it with to protect the paint even more, especially on the gloves, where the paint will likely see the most "play"? This is for a child's costume so I want to "double down" on preserving the paint, because I know my son will not remember to take much care with it.

Finally, if I want to use craft foam to add accents to the boots (and maybe the gloves), will the Flexi-Dip work well with the foam? I'd like to use the same paint for the sake of color matching, but is there any reason I can't use it on the foam?

Please and thank you!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back