Paint my falcon? Looking for commission...

Akumazeto,

Don't be discouraged -- not only is your work well worth the price, I think some people simply realize they have a serious and real choice to make: either I have to get that good at painting, or I have to be willing to pay that price. I suspect several of your "window-shopper" clients are actually just going away, but only temporarily, as they begin quietly saving their shekels.

Is there any reference to the replacement parts available for the PG Falcon?

Browsing this forum, it seems like all the discussion is around the DeAgostini model. I'd like to get my PG version built, but I'm at the stage where I don't even know what questions to ask.

Browsing this forum, it seems like all the discussion is around the DeAgostini model. I'd like to get my PG version built, but I'm at the stage where I don't even know what questions to ask.
You are in the wrong section. Go dig up the Bandi Falcon thread in general modeling.

Akumazeto,

Don't be discouraged -- not only is your work well worth the price, I think some people simply realize they have a serious and real choice to make: either I have to get that good at painting, or I have to be willing to pay that price. I suspect several of your "window-shopper" clients are actually just going away, but only temporarily, as they begin quietly saving their shekels.
Actually of the 50 or so people who have contaced me Jeff in this thread is the only person who didn’t waste my time and actually committed and paid money when he said he would. So like I said the Rpf as a source has never yielded me but one client. All the rest were tire kickers I’ll get back to you,now I know, I’ll contact you in a few years etc. I have legit heard so many stories. I’m shutting down. I made the choice and announcement on social media earlier. Just not worth the hassle.
Going back to pinball restorations.

This will be followd by lots of that’s a shame and I was going to hire you posts.

Great questions TuckerMan...I'm wondering the same things!

The PG Falcon is a smaller version of the 5’ filming model used for ANH. (FYI: The Deagostini Falcon represents the 3’ ESB filming model.)

When originally issued, the PG Falcon model came with stickers for the model. I bought mine in 2017 so I believe this is the model kit that I have. Later on they re-issued a “Standard” edition that didn’t come with these stickers. It sounds like the earlier model is preferred by builders.

This site sells an upgraded light kit with Bluetooth controller…it seems pricey, but it's supposed to be great?...

It's my understanding that they do sell different add-ons for the PG Falcon kit. More lights, interior cockpits?, additional versions of the little SW characters, etc. It seems like some builders think this turns the model into a "toy." I can understand that thinking, but I can also see how if you're spending this much money on a model maybe you want it all tricked out! :) All personal preference I guess!

I'm hoping some other builder/painters can chime in here with additional info. Some of us are new to this "Studio Scale" model thing ....(is the PG Falcon even considered Studio Scale? haha)....and help us newbies!

I've collected mostly 1:1 props but have always been intrigued by the Studio Scale models! I'm sure once you get your first one it's hard to stop...

HTH!

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we're on the same page. I've found the same resources you have. I've read through the last 20 or so pages of what I assume to be the main PG Falcon thread that akumazeto mentioned.

From what I've found, it appears that the DeAgostini version has more replacement parts available, though I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm not sure if there's more inaccuracies present or the model just lends itself to more customization.

I've found this site which lists a number of upgrades

There's also the replacement photoetch parts.

I didn't realize the PG and the DeAg were based on separate movies. But from that bit of news and the photoetch part description, it sounds like the PG model comes with photoetch parts based on the ESB version, whereas the PG model itself is ANH. So these photoetch parts are the ANH version to correct that inaccuracy.

I was curious about what should be replaced on the PG vs. what can be replaced, if that makes sense. I didn't want to pay someone to build the whole thing then find out that it has white engine lights instead of blue. Because I know I want blue lights.

I think I need to research the differences between the ANH and ESB models. I hadn't considered there was a difference, though I did spend the last year or so learning about the differences between Luke's ROTJ hilts before deciding which replica to purchase. Now I get to go through that process all over with the Falcon.:D

Great questions TuckerMan...I'm wondering the same things!

Now that akumazeto has left the forum we can get the thread back on track...from his wonderful and kind communication with me, I learned a few things about the PG falcon...(but don't ask him or you'll get yelled at and put "on the list")

The PG Falcon is a smaller version of the 5’ filming model used for ANH. (FYI: The Deagostini Falcon represents the 3’ ESB filming model.)

When originally issued, the PG Falcon model came with stickers for the model. I bought mine in 2017 so I believe this is the model kit that I have. Later on they re-issued a “Standard” edition that didn’t come with these stickers. It sounds like the earlier model is preferred by builders.

This site sells an upgraded light kit with Bluetooth controller…it seems pricey, but it's supposed to be great?...

It's my understanding that they do sell different add-ons for the PG Falcon kit. More lights, interior cockpits?, additional versions of the little SW characters, etc. It seems like some builders think this turns the model into a "toy." I can understand that thinking, but I can also see how if you're spending this much money on a model maybe you want it all tricked out! :) All personal preference I guess!

I'm hoping some other builder/painters can chime in here with additional info. Some of us are new to this "Studio Scale" model thing ....(is the PG Falcon even considered Studio Scale? haha)....and help us newbies!

I've collected mostly 1:1 props but have always been intrigued by the Studio Scale models! I'm sure once you get your first one it's hard to stop...

HTH!
NEver said I was leaving the FORUM damn dude you will never find a builder. You kept trying to have me turn the ANH falcon into the ESB falcon OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Every time I gave you an educated answer you moved the goal post AGAIN. But again now that I have left....doing commission work that must mean I left building all togehter.

I got pissed at you because you didn't pay like you said you were going to. I wasted hours talking to you holding your little hand and when it came time to pay like you said you would even sent the invoice to the email you sent...YOU NEVER PAID! your a time waster. Dead beat. Tire kicker.

NO the PG falcon is not studio scale. Maybe we should put it in a coffee table? All it takes is a quick search of your posts to see how you roll.

It why two thing will happen. You will get a quality build and paint pay 3x what I quoted you and wait 3x as long....or you will just look at those who can vs those that say they will open their wallet but not actually open their wallet. Bench racing. Bar room BS thats what sadly happened here. I even offered to use a kit I have here to jump start your build and get to work even sooner. But when it came time to pay that bill again....the one you said to go ahead and send so you can pay it......you posted about a coffee table pg flacon instead.

TuckerMan did not waste my time. He didnt act like you. He didn't say lets do this get started to send me the bill than not pay and move the goal post a few dozen times ask about 3 different manufacture's models etc.

The toy aspect was in regard to the Deagostini falcon. You asked me what mods I thought the Pg falcon needed. I gave you the only one I thought it needed. You wanted to turn the pg falcon in the esb falcon and a technocolor dream coat of a falcon at that. I build replica props. Not Christmas tree disco bulbs. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear but I did save you thousands in mods. You came at me like you were ready to go....... I am sorry you dont like that I called you a time waster but you are that.

Deleting your posts where you say you contacted me and love my work doesn't really change much as in any transaction I screen grabbed all the info as I thought you were for real. So I always document and archive that stuff. Even our pms where you change the goal post over and over.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Thats your sig ^^^^^^^ you apparently dont follow it. My work speaks for itself. Had you done what you said you would do you would have something like everyone here told you you could have. But several people must have recommended me because I am a ding bat dink.

Last edited:
The OP deleting his posts speaks volumes to me.....

Sounds like he knows he acted like a schmuck.
No worries Jeff. I sent Tuckerman a PM offering to help him with stuff anyway I can. Just going to put Brad on Ignore as there is not much worth hearing other than silliness. Had the dude actually done as he stated and as HE COMMITED TO DO. I would likely be done with the kit building itself. As you know I have done around 10 of these now and dont even need the instructions anymore.

Take er easy Brad.
You contacted me about a project. We discussed it. We concluded what would be done. We finalized a price. We discussed terms and conditions. After all this was again agreeded upon by both parties. You gave me all contact info and authorization to bill you for half the project. Gave me the go ahead to start with my kit and that yours would be in route to replace mine. Then you vanished. Leaving a bill hanging. I even got a notification that you reviewed the invoice. So what do you call that? Anyway sorry it didn’t work out. There was no high road to take deleting your posts. All they said was you contacted me and saw my work and it blew you away. Next time you want to change your mind maybe tell the builder instead of just leaving them out there in the wind. You have every right to change your mind. But when you don’t tell the person then you get labeled a time waster as that’s what you did.

Last edited:
No dog in this fight other that to say....painting a Deago falcon isnt an easy task by any metric. It involves many painting techniques and hours and hours of work. Then you find a boat load of subtle little things that need to be addressed while trying not to 'over do it.' Not to mention trying to master a new painting technique that ILM used back in the day but its your first time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back