Paint my falcon? Looking for commission...

I highly recommend contacting akumazeto on this forum.

He does amazing work, and has done the paintwork on several studio scale x-wings and y-wings for me.

I have no idea what he would charge, but his work is phenomenal.

Here is the last one I did. Oh well. Thanks ‘
Jkirkon
CFB1994C-3110-42D3-B82D-730B5ECF2ED3.jpeg

Top quality work doesn’t come cheap.

I don’t know why people don’t appreciate how many hours go into paint jobs like that.
Not to mention, materials. Archive X paints ain’t cheap.

If they only knew how many hours you spend on painting a model, they probably wouldn’t complain about the price.

Or maybe, they would still bitch..

Well today it wasn’t that. It was just knowing your not going to pull the trigger but asking nine million questions and then just saying yup now I know what it cost thanks. I hate it when people just don’t say upfront hey I’m window shopping here. I have to stop what I’m doing for a paying client to answer questions to someone who knows before contacting me they are not going to commit. Frustrating. It’s why I rarely come to this forum anymore.

It's not giving quotes that's part of the business. But its having someone get so specific and how does this change the price...and this and this and this and this and what about this. That gets annoying. Its one thing to get a ballpark it's another to nitpick a quote and then have no intention of doing anything.

Top it all off I have Autism I am not a social person so its tough.

Last edited:
Walker and t47 were done in 3 weeks for 1,600 USD plus shipping. I used the new Archive X Acrylics on them. Everything else posted here was AX Enamels.

X-Wings are 1,400-1,600 pending complexity of build.

PG Falcons are 1,400-1600 pending complexity.

Deagostini Falcons are 3,500 NO PLAY SET CARGO HOLD. Filming model didn't have a micro machine playset and neither will mine ;)

I think its fair prices for built and painted models, I painted Deago Falcon for a month at least trying to match every color shade and every weathering effect from the original studio model. That is not you can do in a couple of days.

akumazeto, thank you for posting those photos of your work. Beautiful! Given the time commitment, materials, and years of experience to attain that level, your commission prices are very fair. Your SS models are really works of art. Well done, sir.

I don’t think a lot of people realize that HUNDREDS of hours go into some of these model paint jobs.

Not to mention, a build.

All I can say to those who balk at the cost is, what would YOU charge to do a hundred or more hours of labor? What was your material cost for doing something like that?

Sadly, many people want premium quality work for a Wal-Mart price.
If that’s the case, do it yourself.

^^^^^^
Too True.

There is an old story of an engineer. He was asked to take a look at an engine on a large ship tat had stopped working and the owner was looking at a very costly rip the engine out and replace. The Engineer walked around the motor checked a few things spending about 1/2 an hour examining the motor before pulling a large sledge hammer out and taking one good whack on the side. He then went to the control panel and started the motor.

A week later the owner got the bill for the repair. $30,000.00 and was shocked - you only spent half an hour on it... the Engineer replied - but I spent 30 years learning where I needed to swing the hammer...

in short - you're not just paying for the paint and build. Your paying for knowing how to do it properly.

Jedi Dade

I am just sick of people thinking they can just pay whenever. Waste my time etc have me send an invoice and then just feel you can get to it when you can get to it. I just perma ban from working these people. I make a list I share the list with like-minded builders etc. Might be harsh to some but I have plenty of clients who can comply and those that cant...well they are still looking at pictures of others completed pieces.

I don't tolerate time-wasting and well it is what it is I guess. Like I said the serious people are the people who are ready to drop coin now not tomorrow or when I get paid don't contact someone unless you have cash in hand, not down the line etc.

Some of these people make it seem like they are doing me the favor.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back