Paid a visit to a California junkyard to see the last remaining "Bruce" from "Jaws"

ae35unit

The rumour has been there is one remaining Bruce the shark left from "Jaws.' NPR did a story about it, but didn't bother to include any decent photos or video! (well, it's radio). It wasn't a film used shark, but one cast by Universal Studios from the original mold for display. The prop has been verified by the person who designed it as being from the original mold. Pretty cool. I thought people here might want to take a look! Some kid posted a video on youtube, but its terrible quality so I made an HD pilgrimage. As Col. Kilgore might say: "iPhones don't zoom!"

[video]https://youtu.be/6gT8F_2Sieg[/video]

Re: Paid a visit to a California junkyard to see the last remaining "Bruce" from "Jaw

Looks like an aftermath scene from sharknado. I did see a "Jaws" shark on the Universal backlot tours in Florida many years ago. Looked to be about the same poor condition.

Re: Paid a visit to a California junkyard to see the last remaining "Bruce" from "Jaw

Found it:) It was the command truck in Universal Soldier.

Thanks for the Video!

I have my Pic taken with him when he was hanging at Universal late 70's.

Man that place puts Barter town to shame, i was waiting for Aunty entity to make a cameo!

ha.. i been there... 10 mins from my apartment and thats where I sold my wrecked car to.. haha...

Excellent. My goodness, if we could only get our collective hands on that thing and bring it back to its full glory!

It's sad to see such a iconic movie prop in this state. Maybe we can reenact Free Willy and try to save him under the cover of darkness JK!

He is not really a movie prop per se, as he was never used in the film.

He IS the last remaining Shark out of the Production molds though, and is worth saving on that alone

It's sad to see such a iconic movie prop in this state.

Why won't the guy just sell it? Lord knows he's been offered a small fortune for it. Is it really bringing in that much additional business so that it's worth keeping?

"Hey, Joe's Pick-a-Part in El Segundo has the Ford quarter panel we need."

"Nah, let's try our luck at Aadlen's. They have a shark."

No doubt Greg Nicotero will buy the shark and restore it. Probably the best thing for it too!

They need to put him back in the ocean and let him be free!!!

:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back