Prop Store

Paid a visit to a California junkyard to see the last remaining "Bruce" from "Jaws"

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by ae35unit, Aug 13, 2015.

1. ae35unit

ae35unit Member

The rumour has been there is one remaining Bruce the shark left from "Jaws.' NPR did a story about it, but didn't bother to include any decent photos or video! (well, it's radio). It wasn't a film used shark, but one cast by Universal Studios from the original mold for display. The prop has been verified by the person who designed it as being from the original mold. Pretty cool. I thought people here might want to take a look! Some kid posted a video on youtube, but its terrible quality so I made an HD pilgrimage. As Col. Kilgore might say: "iPhones don't zoom!"

[video]https://youtu.be/6gT8F_2Sieg[/video]

2. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Re: Paid a visit to a California junkyard to see the last remaining "Bruce" from "Jaw

Looks like an aftermath scene from sharknado. I did see a "Jaws" shark on the Universal backlot tours in Florida many years ago. Looked to be about the same poor condition.

3. andy19422

andy19422 Sr Member

Re: Paid a visit to a California junkyard to see the last remaining "Bruce" from "Jaw

What was the truck from?

4. ae35unit

ae35unit Member

Not sure. Looks like some late 70s early 80s sci-fi epic to me. No identifcation on this stuff. Even Bruce!

5. andy19422

andy19422 Sr Member

Found it:) It was the command truck in Universal Soldier.

6. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

7. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for the Video!

I have my Pic taken with him when he was hanging at Universal late 70's.

Man that place puts Barter town to shame, i was waiting for Aunty entity to make a cameo!

8. mirsylus

mirsylus Active Member

ha.. i been there... 10 mins from my apartment and thats where I sold my wrecked car to.. haha...

9. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

Good to see him.

Thanks for posting.

10. Spoons

Spoons Well-Known Member

Nicely done.

11. Dreddful

Dreddful Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Excellent. My goodness, if we could only get our collective hands on that thing and bring it back to its full glory!

12. Seville

Seville New Member

It's sad to see such a iconic movie prop in this state. Maybe we can reenact Free Willy and try to save him under the cover of darkness JK!

13. Apollo

He is not really a movie prop per se, as he was never used in the film.

He IS the last remaining Shark out of the Production molds though, and is worth saving on that alone

14. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Why won't the guy just sell it? Lord knows he's been offered a small fortune for it. Is it really bringing in that much additional business so that it's worth keeping?

15. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

"Hey, Joe's Pick-a-Part in El Segundo has the Ford quarter panel we need."

"Nah, let's try our luck at Aadlen's. They have a shark."

16. robstyle

robstyle Master Member

17. Odin82

Odin82 Well-Known Member

No doubt Greg Nicotero will buy the shark and restore it. Probably the best thing for it too!

18. Betamin

Betamin Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They need to put him back in the ocean and let him be free!!!

:D

19. rdrekers

rdrekers New Member

Too Cool! Love it!

20. jcoffman99

jcoffman99 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

21. swgeek

swgeek Sr Member

Cool! That's awesome news!

22. Apollo

Very kind of them to donate it to the Museum!!

23. macdude67

macdude67 New Member

That is great news!