Padmé Geonosis Arena Shin Guard Help

Sarah

Hello, does anyone know where I could get a good quality replacement pair of shin guards for the Padmé Geonosis Battle outfit?

I have a pair that are falling apart and I need a new set before April, but don't have the facilities to make another pair.

Any ideas where I good get a pair? there was a seller on ebay a few years ago selling the boots and the shin guards where available separately but I can't find them any more.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sarah

Hmmm....Anyone know if Diaz is still selling Geonosis boots? Those were awesome, and if he still makes them, I'm sure you could get just the spats.

I'm working on this one as well, and I want to make the spats and boots...they look like they've gotta be something flexibe and soft, covered in leather.

Diaz is no more but there is another.....

As for just the spats, someone had used hard soccer shinguards and dremeled them out and then covered them with pleather.

that's what i was thinking... vac form a base piece that could be covered later. something that would give the shape / detail but not be heavy or costly.

think leather should be able to be wet formed over it and follow the contours pretty much perfectly.

See I think at this point I'm just scared of leather unless it's thin and has already been contact cemented to plastic BEFORE the plastic is molded. I had wonderful success with laying leather out on wonderflex for my Tenel Ka pauldron base....but I tried to make a pair of wetmolded leather spats for my Chiana costume and it came out this horrific lumpy disaster and wasted a good chunk of leather. So I'm scared of wetmolding after that experience. Brian I know YOU know a lot more about leatherworking than I do, if you think that's a possibility, we should collaborate. (I have to finish paying for Cy's slot and pick up Toby's armor at some point anyways XD)

Padme911--CRAP, I forgot Diaz ditched... Who's been doing Geonosis boots since he's no longer doing it?

He has not made the Padme ones but Daniel has taken over the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Jedi boot biz and so I am sure he can do the Padme ones.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back