P2 Bio Paintup Update.

TriLaser

Sr Member
Hi there. Just finished this p2 bio. Trying hard to get it as close to the original as possible but I think I might have to get it plated for that. And that's lots of cash to get that done so.. lol. Anyway thanks for checking it out!  :)

P2-1.jpg

P2-2.jpg

Maniak said:
looks good man, wht did you use as the base color
Thanks mate. For the base colour I used black then a patina coat. Then I sprayed gold then a light dusting of bronze mixed with a tiny bit of copper. Doesn't really show up in the pics but its in there. Then I just weathered it back to base.  :)

KmikzeKen said:
Another fantastic paint up, the color looks great!  The more I see those P2 bios the more I want one!
Thanks guys. Kmikzeken you should just get one. The p2 is my favourite pred and so is the bio. Do it... Do it noweeee!

Love it man, good work.  I'm gonna have to agree with you on it being the best bio.  When I did mine, I based it with gold and went from there.  It actually ended up being more copper looking than I wanted, but I'm living with it for the moment.  Once I find a decent (accurate) P2 in the states I'm gonna have another go at it.  I'm still not convinced that plating is the way to go.  I know there's people here that argue that it was plated, and it may very well have been, but the plating they do now days is far from what they did back then, meaning (at least in my mind) it's not gonna look the same.  I think you got it pretty damn close buddy, and love the finished product.

Brian

wonko said:
Love it man, good work.  I'm gonna have to agree with you on it being the best bio.  When I did mine, I based it with gold and went from there.  It actually ended up being more copper looking than I wanted, but I'm living with it for the moment.  Once I find a decent (accurate) P2 in the states I'm gonna have another go at it.  I'm still not convinced that plating is the way to go.  I know there's people here that argue that it was plated, and it may very well have been, but the plating they do now days is far from what they did back then, meaning (at least in my mind) it's not gonna look the same.  I think you got it pretty damn close buddy, and love the finished product.

Brian
Thanks man. Yeah awhile ago I spoke with someone who worked at sws at the time and he said that all the bios back then were plated. I think the p2 was bronze plated so iv always wanted to go with that even though its a popular thing to go copper. I do think the armor was copper plated but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway I agree that it probably won't look the same if did today plus it would cost a **** load to get done.

I think you did an awesome job!! 

I used to think about the plating option, but it's just too expensive for me. Also, aerosol metallics have dramatically improved over the years, and are a much more suitable option. 

Also, the Hero Predator 2 helmets were gold plated. Look to the middle-right; a freshly, un-weathered helmet. 

BoarIIP2BG-2.jpg

Robillicus said:
I think you did an awesome job!! 

I used to think about the plating option, but it's just too expensive for me. Also, aerosol metallics have dramatically improved over the years, and are a much more suitable option. 

Also, the Hero Predator 2 helmets were gold plated. Look to the middle-right; a freshly, un-weathered helmet. 

BoarIIP2BG-2.jpg
Thanks dude. Yeah iv seen that one sneeking in the back before. Spent along time finding every pic of the p2 I could find (bit of an obsession lol). I see what you mean about the gold. I always thought that but more pics show a kind of bronze look to it. Maybe it's just the lighting I'm not sure. Will have to ask more questions at the source about that one. Iv spend along time trying to find the right paint to use but not come close yet. The one iv just done was pretty much a test for now to see how I can do the weathering better. Once I have the right paint I will do it again. But of course plating is not an option at this point due to the cost.

Did a great job on the paint and weathering. I always thought the P2 bio and armor looked more bronze and copperish to me.  I too have always been a fan of P2, I think it was that awesome disc he had.
My apologies if already stated but whose P2 bio do you have?

v1point0 said:
Did a great job on the paint and weathering. I always thought the P2 bio and armor looked more bronze and copperish to me.  I too have always been a fan of P2, I think it was that awesome disc he had.
My apologies if already stated but whose P2 bio do you have?
Thanks mate. Yeah iv always struggled with decideding what colour it is. I really think it is a bronze/brass colour and his amour is copper. If you watch the making of p2 and look at the weapon section it shows the smart disc. I'm pretty sure its that colour. You can just see the bio off to the left and its the same colour. Anyway I got my bio off of paul Thornton aka Hez. As for my p2 iv striped it down. This paint up was only a test to see if I could do the weathering ok. Its looking kinda sorry atm lol.

Quick update. Decided to repaint it again but this time changed the way I painted it. This time around I just went for a gold base coat then weather it back. Also added more copper to it to get a nice two tone in different light. In person it defiantly looks better than before. More shiny :-D.

IMAG0524~2.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back