P1 helmet mold

agh12

I have been thinking about making a silicone mold for this mask, which was designed by me in 3d printing.
could you give me some recommendations?
regards

This is my helmet p1 in 3d printing.

20180520_153544.jpg

20180520_153536.jpg

20180520_153531.jpg

One great method is to do when molding a bio out of silicone is a brush up mold! There are plenty of videos and articles describing how to do it and what to use. Smooth On actually has a video too.

Smooth On's Rebound 25 is a silicone made primarily for brush up molds due to its thickness for vertical molds. It can also be thickened with thier Thic-Vex (I believe that's what it's called) to thickened later layers to fill undercuts. If not, mold max 30 can also be used, but fast cat is recommended to speed up the pot life (how long it takes to thicken up). It's not necessary, but it helps so you don't brush silicone for 45 minutes lol

For the shell, you can use a number of things (plasti paste II, fiberglass resin, epoxy, plaster bandages). Find whatever you are comfortable with! Punished Props also had a great video on brush up mold!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back