OT-1/850 scale Star Trek Enterprise kit from japan!

nice! Although I never liked the E-E...too much of a throw back...looks like just an updated version of the E-A rather than an advance from the E-D.

Some of my pieces just aren't tight enough. Did anybody just glue them together into place? The nacelles are really bad. the back end there is a gap right along the top and underneath where the struts meet the nacelle there is some "gappage"

I was wondering something like rubber cement might work for this or just glue the damn thing together where it gaps.

any suggestions??

just use regular model cement for poly styrene. I've glued snap fit models together before for exactly this reason
icon_wink.gif
I assume you'r enot repainting it so be very carefull that the excess glue remains on the inside of the model
icon_wink.gif
A bit more patience yields much better results.

Jedi Dade

Well this is just slapped it together. Still need to fill those HUGE gaps on the saucer and warp nacelles. Plus I still haven't put the decals on to cover nacelle wires. Took these under natural lighting with a long exposure so the details would really show well. Hope these aren't too big for you guy to view well.

bandent1.jpg

bandent2.jpg

bandent3.jpg

bandent4.jpg

bandent5.jpg

ohman....

Just finished mine last night... I tried to take a long time, to stretch it out and make it as enjoyable as possible... but I only managed two nights.

it's so sweet... if only they'd do a classic Enterprise...

one question... is anyone gonna glue it?! Some of the seams are a bit too wide for my liking... a little glue would seal 'em up nicely.... but then I could never change the bulbs... it's very nice as is though...

whadday'all think!?

-r

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back