OT-1/850 scale Star Trek Enterprise kit from japan!

vitacura

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Magnificient detail! It's made by Bandai, but which model is that? Do you have a picture of the box? It's very impressive, thinking of picking one up.

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Bandai 1701 (no bloody A, B, C, OR D!
)... JUST released... mine just came from HobbyLink Japan across the waves this morning.

Pricey - over $50 plus shipping. But this is the most detailed refit Enterprise EVER!

Well except for that DeBoer Hulls one...

- Karl

Admiral Nogura

If you guys don't post pics by wednesday,then I'll know something is wrong.
The kit is prepainted,lights up,and snaps together!How much work can there be?I will wait for the reviews.Also since this kit is from Bandai(known for their Gundam kits)think they'll do a Gundam- "Star Trek"kit?

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Propprentice wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Also since this kit is from Bandai(known for their Gundam kits)think they'll do a Gundam- "Star Trek"kit?

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Probably an Enterprise that transforms into a giant robot!

- Karl

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There is enogh electrical connections to keep you working on this kit for about 3 or four hours.

centralrepair

I did mine last night, there are a few places that need more force to tighten up the kit, but I love this thing
...Took about 2.5 hours to do, but I did take some breaks in between..Its a beauty, and looks better IMO in "real life"

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome, C.R.!

But what to do about those SEAMS... are they less noticeable in person...?

- K

centralrepair

What seams, you dont'see any seams...well with the snap kit, your going to have seams, but I wanted a project that didn't take forever, and would have to putty/prime/putty/paint,
as I have a stack of models that need that...at least it looks better then that side splitting, drooping, paint flaking Unobtainium Enterprise..
J/K....

autoprops713

That looks fantastic! The batteries are in the base right? Any room in the main body for a battery re-location project?

Dave

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
centralrepair wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
at least it looks better then that side splitting, drooping, paint flaking Unobtainium Enterprise...
J/K....
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Hey!

My paint is NOT flaking on my Unobtainium Enterprise!

It's CRACKING!

- K