Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own both originals and recasts

• I prefer recasts

• I haven't descided

• Total voters
Looks original to me. Recasts are usually white or light in color, so whenever one isn't, I think you can be quite confident that it is original.

A bit harder with garage kits, but they are usually in resin... and often a whitish color too... making it more difficult.

This is a Takeya original sculpt and pre-paint...and it seriously kicks ass!

You could get this in raw resin or pre-painted like the one in the pic a while back.

AL
I took a look at your work... I must say, that you do some really freakin' great superbly un-matched amazing un-touchable genious stuff!!! (...and no, Im not kissin' arse, Im being truthful). :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me if this is genuine or an illegal recast?
http://www.frontiermodels.co.uk/DARK-ELF-P...DA-p-18268.html

The website is slower than molasses in winter so here's the pic and description:
4923408015756edf7bdb3ab8eab682cb.jpg

DARK ELF PRINCESS ZELDA

DARK ELF PRINCESS ZELDADARK ELF PRINCESS ZELDA

1/6 scale resin requires assembly & painting.

A base is only suppiled with finished model.

Details

SKU A328
Weight 2.00 lbs
Price: £49.95 € 74.97
including VAT15_0 15.00% (£6.52)

I ordered it a couple of days ago but I think I can still cancel because I got this email message:
Thank you for your order, please allow appx 28 days as we wait for post christmas stocks to come back in.
I don't mind waiting 28 days but I'm annoyed they don't state that the item is out of stock on the web-store.

I've never assembled/painted a large miniature like this before (I normally paint 28mm minis) and I've been looking forward to this project but if it's a knock-off I don't want it. A regular on Cool Mini Or Not mentioned that he has also been trying to find this sculpt with no success so he suspects it is a fake especially with such a low price.

Earlier in this thread Frontier Models are mentioned as being a recast seller (is it correct that they get their stock from Thailand?) so if that's the case I'd rather buy from a reputable seller if anyone can suggest one to me. I'm in the UK btw.

EDIT*
Sorry this isn't Predator related!
I tried registering on "The Club House" to ask for advice but they don't allow registration with free email accounts... does anyone still use premium email?

I ordered it a couple of days ago but I think I can still cancel because I got this email message:
Thank you for your order, please allow appx 28 days as we wait for post christmas stocks to come back in.
I don't mind waiting 28 days but I'm annoyed they don't state that the item is out of stock on the web-store.

Real...or re-cast......I would STILL tell them to poke it up their ass and give me my money back....because of their lack of ethics............if they are the kind of MFs that take peoples money without notifying the costomer that the item is out of stock when they fekingwell KNOW it is out of stock when the costomer first ordered it...........well ......it just shows you what kind of people they are......MONEY grubbers!!.......and if thats the case.......then its probably a re-cast anyways.

...sorry.....just my 2cents
Lee

Real...or re-cast......I would STILL tell them to poke it up their ass and give me my money back....because of their lack of ethics............if they are the kind of MFs that take peoples money without notifying the costomer that the item is out of stock when they fekingwell KNOW it is out of stock when the costomer first ordered it...........well ......it just shows you what kind of people they are......MONEY grubbers!!.......and if thats the case.......then its probably a re-cast anyways.

...sorry.....just my 2cents
Lee

I'm told that the guy who runs Frontier Models buys his stock from "e2046" in Hong Kong which is why it would take 28 days to get here. Does anyone on here have experience of buying from Frontier Models? If it's a licensed recast (if there is such a thing) then I might accept it but otherwise I'll email FM to tell them I won't buy a fake.

I'm told that the guy who runs Frontier Models buys his stock from "e2046" in Hong Kong which is why it would take 28 days to get here. Does anyone on here have experience of buying from Frontier Models? If it's a licensed recast (if there is such a thing) then I might accept it but otherwise I'll email FM to tell them I won't buy a fake.

No, there is no such thing as a licenced recast. Avoid Frontier and E2046 like the plague. Stick with originals only.

I tried registering too, no luck. I think they had some kind of incident or a series of incidents that prompted them to allow only 'pay' email services to register.

I emailed them and they said that I can still sign up there, but that I'd have to provide a bit of information, name, address, phone, social security number, bank accounts, deed to the house, pink slips to my cars, ....ok I'm just joking on those last ones, etc...

Just not comfortable with that so I didn't bother with it.

Can anyone tell me if this is genuine or an illegal recast?
http://www.frontiermodels.co.uk/DARK-ELF-P...DA-p-18268.html

The website is slower than molasses in winter so here's the pic and description:
4923408015756edf7bdb3ab8eab682cb.jpg

DARK ELF PRINCESS ZELDA

DARK ELF PRINCESS ZELDADARK ELF PRINCESS ZELDA

1/6 scale resin requires assembly & painting.

A base is only suppiled with finished model.

Details

SKU A328
Weight 2.00 lbs
Price: £49.95 € 74.97
including VAT15_0 15.00% (£6.52)

I've never assembled/painted a large miniature like this before (I normally paint 28mm minis) and I've been looking forward to this project but if it's a knock-off I don't want it. A regular on Cool Mini Or Not mentioned that he has also been trying to find this sculpt with no success so he suspects it is a fake especially with such a low price.

Earlier in this thread Frontier Models are mentioned as being a recast seller (is it correct that they get their stock from Thailand?) so if that's the case I'd rather buy from a reputable seller if anyone can suggest one to me. I'm in the UK btw.

EDIT*
Sorry this isn't Predator related!
I tried registering on "The Club House" to ask for advice but they don't allow registration with free email accounts... does anyone still use premium email?

I tried registering too, no luck. I think they had some kind of incident or a series of incidents that prompted them to allow only 'pay' email services to register.

I emailed them and they said that I can still sign up there, but that I'd have to provide a bit of information, name, address, phone, social security number, bank accounts, deed to the house, pink slips to my cars, ....ok I'm just joking on those last ones, etc...

Just not comfortable with that so I didn't bother with it.

I had to wait a couple of days but I'm now registered on the forum using an email address from my old ISP - I used to have my own broadband subscription and the email address is still good.

Concerning Frontier Model, I could confirm that he is selling recast, because Steve Jarvis (the owner of this website) did not order to me the "Double Axe" Pred, but he is carrying it, and I check he did not order to people that I sold the model. In that case, it could only be recast ...
Be advise. :)

I just checked that site out again and found that he's got pictures from Joe Evans, Joe Dunaway and from Predatorstuff on his site, with FRONTIER MODELS watermarked on the images. Maybe he has permission, but I'm going to say I doubt it, and if that's no indication that they are running recasts, I'm not sure what is. Haven't ordered from them before and don't plan on it.

I thought the Narin Wolf was a Predstuff exclusive...he's selling that too.

I just checked that site out again and found that he's got pictures from Joe Evans, Joe Dunaway and from Predatorstuff on his site, with FRONTIER MODELS watermarked on the images. Maybe he has permission, but I'm going to say I doubt it, and if that's no indication that they are running recasts, I'm not sure what is. Haven't ordered from them before and don't plan on it.

I thought the Narin Wolf was a Predstuff exclusive...he's selling that too.
Frontier definately sells recasts, they buy from Thailand sellers in bulk and don't pass the savings on. Very few of their kits are originals (usually UK kits) but you can't tell the difference because they are so expensive. I've looked around ebay for Predator models recently and most of Dan's Predatorstuff exclusives have been recast but the price is hardly any cheaper than the originals were. Thailand sellers like Prim-prim and revengemonster are very likely connected and also use Dan's photos.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back