Original Indiana Jones Truck Is On Ebay

Megamicrofish

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I found this whilst searching Ebay
indianajonestruck.jpg

(search for 1949 CITROEN TYPE 23R TRUCK WAS IN INDIANA JONES FILMS)
If only I had £6750 laying around

Edit

I think this is it in Crusade
indytruck2.jpg

Last edited:
It would be cool if it had the original paint etc. Look like any truck of the day. It looks too new to me , plus where are you realistically going to do with it. Put it in front yard to look at. Sometimes our eyes are bigger than our sense.

I see differences...bumper...front grill, lights....wipers....although it has been repainted it almost looks like it has also been restored...if it is indeed the actual vehicle...for a car collector who also loves the Indy films it seems the perfect item...

The trucks in ROTL were custom-made by the production. And the complete, drivable one (as opposed to the camera truck that only had a cab), was blown up.

Possibly the seller means (he believes) this particular model was used in the films, not this particular truck.

The trucks in ROTL were custom-made by the production. And the complete, drivable one (as opposed to the camera truck that only had a cab), was blown up.
True, but there was also a stunt truck as well and either the stunt or hero is on display at Disneyland. Not sure which was blown up. I'd think they'd blow up the stunt truck but you never know.

I don't believe the Disneyland truck is screenused. It's just Disney-made dressing for the queue. Been wrong before...

This has been a point of interest to Indy fans for years, some believing its the real deal and others a Disney made replica. I happen to think some of the distressing matches the original just a bit too well to not be real. Why would they go through the trouble of creating the same rust spots when so many of their atractions are so non-accurate, Indy attractions of all types included?
We've been told my numerous people over the years who've worked at Disney it was the real deal. Nobody has verified that 100% but many believe it to be true. After all, they do have several other screen used vehicles in their possession.

This has been a point of interest to Indy fans for years, some believing its the real deal and others a Disney made replica. I happen to think some of the distressing matches the original just a bit too well to not be real. Why would they go through the trouble of creating the same rust spots when so many of their atractions are so non-accurate, Indy attractions of all types included?
We've been told my numerous people over the years who've worked at Disney it was the real deal. Nobody has verified that 100% but many believe it to be true. After all, they do have several other screen used vehicles in their possession.

This could be fun.

Jason, I am 20-30 minutes from the Capitalism Capitol of the World, and am an annual sucker (pass holder).

The truck is easily accessible.

Given specific areas of the truck well doc'd by screen caps that bear telling weathering, I'd be happy to go in with my cam and snap away.

Though it seems all to easy - I suppose SOMEONE at COW has done this already...

132271324_83af412fd2_o.jpg

3348096254_d07ae8842c_b.jpg

3312162044_5c9f3f7ca2_b.jpg

There are a couple of threads about it at COW somewhere. It's all subjective of course, but you can see many similarities. Some people think it's the real deal and others say no.

Those screen grabs aren't at a high enough res to match the weathering pattern; but there is one difference between the two - notice the flat steel partition under the bumper with the six holes in it - that feature is not on the disney version. Now, that doesn't prove that the disney one isn't screen used only that is either 1) A different truck (stunt, hero, etc.) or 2) That part has been removed sometime between now and filming.

Also, the disney one lacks the frames around the windshield and the wipers above.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back