Original Hoggle restoration

Every time I see this thread, it reminds me of how many calls I made and people I talked to trying to save Hoggle before and after they 'restored' him. Between the calls to Henson and LucasFilms, speaking to different departments including legal for both, and talking to Unclaimed Baggage, it was all pointless. No one, at any of those places, cared about Hoggle (or the rest of the unclaimed prop) or what happened to him (or them). The only one that even remotely gave a damn was Unclaimed Baggage, and you see how they took care of it.

So sad but nothing anyone can/will do about it. :(

It's weird that Henson wasn't interested, but I know they've built several newer Hoggle suits and heads for various exhibitions. Guess as long as they have a high quality version in their collection, the original doesn't really matter to them.

Just truely sad and a terrible end to Hoggles life! Packed in a trunk for years only to be found and instead of being saved, to be turned into a true sideshow freak, propped in a corner looking like the victim of a horrible acid skin peel, that guy is no artist, he is a butcher, stick with Suzy wets alot, please for the love of god!

I've never done anything remotely close to this "restoration," yet I'm certain I could've put together a better effort than that. All of his facial features are completely off! The chin, the cheeks, the brow...not even close!

I hope the clowns who did the restoration never join this site and brag about it or they'll be chased with pitchforks like they deserve.

Oh God, this has ruined my day big-time... But it is a good time to ask "how many Hoggles were made for Labyrinth?" surely not just one?

If anybody knows, it might make us all feel better? :(

I wonder how many phone calls from outraged movie nerds these guys get every time this gets bumped over the last 6 years...:lol

I think the guy who mutilated Hoggle must have been staring with open mouth at the screen when news of this broke out wondered why everybody was so upset. "That looks like a perfectly legit restoration to me. I couldn't have done it better myself."

6a0133f55fd7b6970b017c316d68d7970b-800wi

Every time I see this thread, it reminds me of how many calls I made and people I talked to trying to save Hoggle before and after they 'restored' him. Between the calls to Henson and LucasFilms, speaking to different departments including legal for both, and talking to Unclaimed Baggage, it was all pointless. No one, at any of those places, cared about Hoggle (or the rest of the unclaimed prop) or what happened to him (or them). The only one that even remotely gave a damn was Unclaimed Baggage, and you see how they took care of it.

So sad but nothing anyone can/will do about it. :(

Did unclamed baggage give you any sense that they would be willing to sell him??

Am I the only one that loved how Hoggle looked when found??

I would have shored him up and put him on display 'as is' . I love the creepy nature of old puppets, whit their mechanisms on display. a true piece of history

Am I the only one that loved how Hoggle looked when found??

I would have shored him up and put him on display 'as is' . I love the creepy nature of old puppets, whit their mechanisms on display. a true piece of history

The only problem with that is his face and hands were literally falling apart day by day. It was way past the point of simply "shoring him up." No question, it had to be restored. Just wish they'd done their homework and found a better person for the job.

It makes me sick every time I visit Unclaimed Baggage to have to look at this fiasco (and I always have to look). I wonder, if you could find a qualified artist willing to donate their time and restore it correctly, would they allow it to be done? Has anyone with the right skills and credentials seriously offered?

Last edited:
Considering the nature of this thread, it's ironic it has been necroed(?) so many times in 6 years! :lol
My daughter loves Labyrinth, so I have seen it about 10 times in the past year. I always thought Hoggle was creepy looking, but now he's just plain scary!

im of 2 parts on this...

1- im very glad someone got him away from that horible place he was lost in (The Unclaimed Baggage Store...or whatever its called)...

BUT

2- im saddened that they didnt call HENSON COMPANY and GIVE him back to them.. so that THEY could restore him... not some JOE that didnt really do that good a job...

JUST MY OPINION

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back