Original Death Star Tower, from 1976... and the replica

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi gang,
Had to pivot from building the X-Wing the past week or so, as I had to pattern/restore a piece for an original Death Star Turret that was missing one of it's guns!

So while it was in hand, and with the owner's permission, I made a replica of the thing.

IMG_1367.jpg IMG_1365 2.jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 1.23.55 PM.png

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It looks like the elevation angle of the barrels is fixed, determined by holes drilled into the turret, so it would have to be a different model than the last pic.

That's super cool BTW!

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
yeah not the same as the one pictured (I dunno, maybe the bottom half)... this original is a mix of two towers. Parts would all be the same, but it's cool this was a mix, because I could replicate the grey AND the tan color they used!

derrickzanni333

Looking sharp! Btw I also follow your instagram (@zanni_projects) what a coincidence to find you here, lol. Cheers

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

maxhebus

I was hoping for this to happen or a blueprint with measurements to give it a try. :)
Thanks again gentlemen. ;)

Last edited:

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just received a set of the tower castings from Mike. Super Cool! It's bigger than I expected. Nice work Jason!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.