Opinions on Vader CA Mods

Cool. That should definitely silence the discussion that the CA domes are too short, when clearly it is all caused by the position of the dome onto the face.

Really like the mods shown. :thumbsup

Looking great.

Like I wrote before, I´m currently modding my own CA helmet...
Problem is, that I can´t get rid off the gap between the dome and face section, which is created by readjusting the mount :unsure

Is it supposd to be this way?
I watched ESB yesterday night again and IMO the dome sits closer to the face...know what I mean?

Markus

<div class='quotetop'>(OdiWan72 @ Sep 16 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1321250[/snapback]</div>
Looking great.

Like I wrote before, I´m currently modding my own CA helmet...
Problem is, that I can´t get rid off the gap between the dome and face section, which is created by readjusting the mount :unsure

Is it supposd to be this way?
I watched ESB yesterday night again and IMO the dome sits closer to the face...know what I mean?

Markus
[/b]
Show pictures of what you have done. That would help people advise you better. Good luck on your project. :thumbsup

I think he means how close (or not) the helmet is to the forehead of the faceplate...if there's velcro there you can secure it so the angle of the helmet is tilted more forward....if I'm correct on what you mean...

Between the forehead and where the widows peak would be is what hes talking about, its pretty much unavoidable that you get a space there. In scenes in ROTJ its the same as mine is, but in ESB it seems less extreme. On my CA its a product of tilting the mount block back, it no longer sits even with the inside of the dome, it is on an angle, so the velcro is only making contact on one edge. The solution would be to slice off about 1" from where the front of the mount meets the back of it, to even it out, but im too scared to do that mod, and im plenty happy with how it looks now :)

yep....that´s what I´m talking about.

I hope to be able to post pics of my CA next week

Markus

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back