one more Star Lord

tinystarlord

So i've been lurking around this board since guardians of the galaxy came out, since when i saw that movie, i pretty much immediately wanted to cosplay Peter Quill. Thankfully this place has been the best resource anyone could ever hope for! and you are all incredibly helpful too!

i know every other thread seams to be a new star lord build, but i wanna contribute too, so here's mine.

I've been working on stuff for a few weeks now, but i finallly have a few finished pieces that i wanna show off

First up is my cassette player, which is just an old panasonic i got cheap on ebay

started out like this
player.jpg

and ended up like this! i'm really happy with that blue too

IMG_3383.jpg

and i modified a pair of the quad blasters as well. Since i'm a smaller Star Lord, instead of filling the gap between the two pieces that make up the top and bottom portions, i just closed that gap and glued the two pieces directly to each other and filled the seams. This shortened the gun quite a bit and makes it look more proportional to my tiny, little hands. I did have to remove the neon orange barrels tho, but i don't think it looks too bad.

IMG_3384.jpgIMG_3386.jpg

my helmet is something i'm quite proud of, it's not done yet, im just painting it now, but its my first complicated foam build and i think it came out pretty darn good, and it fits nice and snug on my head, which i was amazed i was able to achieve. I used Helagak's foam pep files for it.

IMG_3387.jpg

and just a quick shot of my fabric and leather for my jacket. i've got most of my pattern figured out and mocked up, so i just gotta get my butt going on the real thing. Just waiting on my zipper and some hardware to get here.

IMG_3390.JPG

had a lot of progress last week!

finally got my zipper in from joatrash, so i felt i could finally really get to work on my jacket. I got the main fabric shell made, from custom dyed twill. I had wanted to do some screen printing, but i need the costume done by halloween weekend and it was just going to cut it close if i ordered a screen. so no pattern for now.

IMG_0021.jpgIMG_0023.jpg

Then i started working with my leather, but i was not happy with how it was looking. The leather did turn out to be a tad to thick, so it folded wierd and gernally made my arm difficult and uncomfortable to bend. Instead of shelling out 180 bucks i can't spare right now on some leather that i'd have to dye, i just decided to forgo the leather, for now. I picked up a few more yards of the twill i used for the main body and i am currently dyeing it as close to the same color as i can manage. i figure that any difference in color could potentially trick the eye in to seeing a different type of fabric for a second. i don't have photos yet, as im still dialing in the right color

got a bunch of layers of paint down on my helmet as well, i think i'll hit it was a few more, clear coat it and i can finally install my lenses

IMG_0019.jpgIMG_0020.jpg

i still need to make a bag, belt and boots in the next two-ish weeks. :unsure regretting procrastinating on this now!!

IMG_0031.jpgIMG_0032.jpgPhoto on 10-17-14 at 7.27 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 10-17-14 at 7.28 PM #2.jpg

I've finished my jacket and im so pleased with out it came out! even if my leather didn't work out, i could not be happier.

heres what i used to line it

IMG_3447.JPG

i just wanted to post a photo of my lenses! i just bought a cheap pair of walmart shades and popped the lenses out and dremeled the into shape. They don't light up(i don't have any room for electronics in the mask), but i can see and thats whats more important to me. Does anyone have any good tips for keeping the lenses from fogging?

IMG_3469.jpg

Also got to finishing my bag buckle, which i got from Zlurpo! It came as stainless steel, but with alcohol inks i was able to get the more weather brass look the buckle in the movie has.

IMG_3463.jpg

i've actually started on the bag, and boot covers as well, but i'm terrible at documenting progress so i don't have photos of that right now, hopfully i'll have the boot covers done 100% tomorrow tho! things are getting to the wire, youmacon is halloween weekend!

Got some more progress. con is in two days, so the pedal is to the metal

first my belt buckle. I had gotten a resin one from Kevin Gossett, and its wonderful. However, its a little large for my frame, as you can see, the size difference is rather large, so i decided to make my own after all. (i do have one just sitting around collecting dust now tho...)

Just picked up a small rectangular blank from tandy and made the buckle with sculpty. still gotta give it a bake and wash iwth black paint to weather but i'm really happy with it.

IMG_3491.jpgIMG_3492.jpg

Next up are my boot rockets, the are assembled, but thats about it at this point. im stuck waiting for glue to dry(which is why the masking tape is there), so i have to get them primed, painted and attached tomorrow. i just picked up some pvc fittings and glued them together. any detail will be added with paint. unfortunately i've run out of time to do better ones. The middle piece is jut balsa wood layers, which i sandwiched with E6000 to give it strength.

IMG_3493.jpg

i've started painting my orb, which is a metal ball i picked up from hobby lobby that was a good size

IMG_3480.jpg

and i finished my bag! its certainly not perfect, but it'll do for now.

IMG_3485.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back