"Old Sparky" (The Green Mile) - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
After Quint's fighting chair model from Jaws, time for another chair: "Old Sparky" from The Green Mile

Starting with the base:

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you breen2057 Rogviler, Belugawrx, Analyzer, starks and ZeroSum for your "likes"

Thank you for the 359 views until this moment

And a very special thank you for the lack of comments. Very motivating...

Thank you breen2057 Rogviler, Belugawrx, Analyzer, starks and ZeroSum for your "likes"

Thank you for the 359 views until this moment

And a very special thank you for the lack of comments. Very motivating...
I'm sure some of the reason you haven't got any comment is the subject matter. As all of it had to be scratchbuilt, I think you have shown considerable skill in the making of Ol' Sparky, well done sir !!

Thank you Analyzer and 19narvik40.

Why do you think the subject matter is some of the reason why there has not been any comment?

I have noticed in the past few years a decrease of comments in some threads. My guess is that our society has become a "symbol society" - there's a symbol for everything as if we could not read anymore... Theme parks are filled with symbols, our micro-waves, freezers, washing machines, etc. FB and IG have in part been responsible for that "symbol culture", almost as we could not express ourselves anymore without a symbol (rather sad actually...) So I think maybe it's a lot easier and faster to leave a "like" or a "thank you" instead of writing something down. Don't get me wrong "likes" are important and a sign that the thread as been seen and appreciated however I believe a forum is not a one way road. There should be interaction between members to keep threads (and the forum) "alive".

Anyway thank you for your opinions and "likes".

Last edited:
I think it looks great! When I was about 10, my dad helped me build a miniature gallows for my G.I. Joes, so this is right up my alley. This looks about the same scale, too

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back