Old Republic pre-order

DanielS

Today is the official start of pre-orders for Star Wars the Old Republic.
You can all find your own retailer at Star Wars: The Old Republic to pre-order your copy :)
I just ordered the collectors edition for me :D this so have to mean that release is coming soon.
Yay, I'm so excited :D

Looks like I will be heading to Best Buy this weekend and firing up the pre-order. Oh, and watching for the SDCC news about the game. Metal.

Might want to hold off until they announce Special Editions and Collector's Editions.
Right now you have the pre-order for the regular version of the game, plus a $200 "Collector's Edition" which includes some statue, 6 days of early play (before they open the servers to everyone), and some in-game items. Also some soundtrack CDs and other stuff.

Frankly, I'm up for paying a little extra for in-game items, but the rest I don't care about. So I'll be waiting to see if they offer a mid-range "Special Edition" with just the in-game stuff and none of the other crap that I'll never use.

Might want to hold off until they announce Special Editions and Collector's Editions.
Right now you have the pre-order for the regular version of the game, plus a $200 "Collector's Edition" which includes some statue, 6 days of early play (before they open the servers to everyone), and some in-game items. Also some soundtrack CDs and other stuff.

Frankly, I'm up for paying a little extra for in-game items, but the rest I don't care about. So I'll be waiting to see if they offer a mid-range "Special Edition" with just the in-game stuff and none of the other crap that I'll never use.
Ah, you did not read the release info. The Digital Deluxe has all of the ingame items you want without the other fluff you do not. Observe:

The Digital Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, is available exclusively through Origin.com, comes with both the game software and thirty days of game time. In addition, the Digital Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic comes with the following digital items that your characters can use in the game:

• Flare Gun: Fires flares into the air.
  • Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance.
  • HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer.
  • HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures.
  • STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform): Sleek and unique in-game vehicle.

All this for the apparently low, low price of $79.99

I think that it belongs to the off-topic since it had nothing to do with either movies nor props. And that's kinda what the others are about. Just my opinion. If I'm wrong moderators are more than welcome to correct me and move this thread.

Pre-ordered my digital deluxe this morning and got confirmation that I got a pre-order slot not too long after! Can't wait for this game.

I wonder if this will work on my MacBook Pro that's running Windows 7?

I sure hope so because I plan to run this game on my 2011 15.4" high end MBP.

I'd need to know a bit more about the items in the Digital Deluxe edition and what they do before I'd shell out for it. Like, do they provide practical benefits, or just snazzy animations?

@ solo4114: the STAP vehicle will have a practical use. Otherwise, I don't think they will.

@ cboath: well, it's actually just the same as with WoW. Back when it was brand new it cost about the same and only included 30 days game time. And then came the expansions, same price~ish and no game time. So to me, it's no biggie :) I'm too excited about this :p

They ought to change the pricing model, but as long as sucker...err...loyal consumers like me keeping paying it, they will keep doing it.

My younger brother just texted me about this. He's already pre-ordered the standard edition. I'm thinking I'm going to give the 80 dollar one a try. I love in game stuff. The only thing that I'm curious about with the collectors version is the in game special store or whatever. Will there be better prices for stuff in game or what? Not sure what's up with that....anyone know anything?

They ought to change the pricing model, but as long as sucker...err...loyal consumers like me keeping paying it, they will keep doing it.

I'm actually surprised at how many people are surprised by this price. $50 to $60 is pretty standard for a game. X-box games for example are all $60 brand new and they don't come with any kind of xbox live, you have to pay for that separately. If the game is good after a few days I will completely have forgotten about paying $80 for the digital deluxe. These games seem pretty expensive but unlike most games in this price range MMORPGs are usually good fun for several years.

I'm actually surprised at how many people are surprised by this price. $50 to $60 is pretty standard for a game. X-box games for example are all $60 brand new and they don't come with any kind of xbox live, you have to pay for that separately. If the game is good after a few days I will completely have forgotten about paying $80 for the digital deluxe. These games seem pretty expensive but unlike most games in this price range MMORPGs are usually good fun for several years.
That is iffy. Star Trek Online ended up being a turd. Thankfully for that, I got a two-week trial. Age of Conan was one I bought new and let me tell you...it sucked. City of Heroes was good for a month. It's really tough to find one good MMO.

What classes/alignment is everyone thinking they're going to start with? I'm planning on doing Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular first go around.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back