OK to display helmets without a stand?...

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys

Is it OK to just sit a Master Replicas Stormtrooper or Boba Fett helmet onto a glass shelf with no helmet stand?

Is the stand just cosmetic, or does it help keep the helmet from warping or doing something weird?

I also would hate if the helmet plastic could somehow be damaged by just sitting on the glass?

thanks

brad

i cant see this being a problem other than if your shelf was in direct sunlight.

when ever i displayed helmets i always thought they looked better on a stand for pure cosmetic reasons, however i have some helmets in a glass cabinet and sat on a stand that dont fit so they have to sit on the glass itself, ive never had a problem.

if your concerned about the cost of stands especially MR ones there are cheaper alternatives out there

thanks supa troop!

I've got the stands that came with the MR helmets, but they're just a bit too tall with my current cabinet.

I thought about trying to buy (or maybe make) short stands that barely get the helmet up off the glass shelf, but I don't mind the look of them just sitting on the shelf at all.

I'd just hate to damage them with my knuckleheadedness...:)

I have the same probelm with my detolf cabinets, the MR stands are too tall for it. ALL I did was buy some kitchen roll holders and use them instead, best part is they run around £5 each and look the biz. Some helmets such as the clones just sit on the glass though as they are too tall. One word of advice, make sure you dust the helmets regularly and lift them off the glass shelf, as they can "attach themselves" a little with the dust to the glass.

hope this helps....

I have had some helmets sitting without stands for years - no problems.

I'm also using $20 adjustable stands off ebay. Search for "adjustable mask stands" and buy in bulk to save shipping. Not MR quality but for the price, you get a base to sit your plaque on. It comes with several 6" or 9" pieces but I still had to cut them off with a saw to get everything just right.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back