Official Show off your model collection thread!

Hey guys!! First post in the forum, just wanted to show off some Bandai Clones and a 3d printed GNK Droid. The clones are Tup and Dogma from The Clone Wars, and the GNK has a random paint job. Enjoy!

looks like you're going for an invasion fleet!

That falcon is looking nice... but I mus'n't !

The little 1/72 ships are terrific. I’ll be happy to pick up any OT ships Bandai put out.
The Falcon was a must for me. Brought back memories of dad putting the old MPC one together. I basically roped my family to chip in some of the cost for my birthday last year. Have not regretted it.[emoji846]

Here's a project folks here may find interesting. Its two plastic plates glued together with a clear cylinder beneath and a small dome on top. The lights are from a Christmas tree topper that cycles between different colors. Astronauts are N gauge RR figures painted silver with white plastic backpacks and gold beads for helmets. Hardware store silver paint for that 50s B-movie prop look and a few random decals from the spares box. The boulders are limestone rocks from a parking lot that had a layer of pyrite on them, also know as fools gold. It gives the astronauts something to get excited about!

33537383211_a0415431a4_c.jpg

32853618323_683639fd88_c.jpg

33282811430_5833d89138_c.jpg

Here's one under construction,

48817809668_63b69c6fe5_c.jpg

Since I was on a 50s SF kick I also converted a 1/48th Lockheed Starfighter fuselage into a different B-movie style rocket ship. Fins are from the first Starfighter plus a second one and also the wings from a 1/72nd F-105 Thunderchief. (Thats another story.) Four 1/72nd Phantom centerline fuel tanks provided the fin tips.Lots of epoxy putty filled the cockpit and other openings.

29423859343_b8e582a59c_c.jpg

29756759170_0593fe8349_c.jpg

29967433591_75280387bc_c.jpg

Under construction showing the fins.

15368080693_ba8e0e7bcb_c.jpg

This one fought me all the way when it came to painting. If it wasn't runs it was crazed paint in a different place each time I repainted. Finally I got it to be acceptable and applied some 1/200th scale airliner decals and called it done.

Hello all, as John Cleese would say " and now for something completely different! " I mainly do star wars kit's via resin, molded plastic, repaint of others. whatever the medium, some of them are posted here. I venture from time to time on something out of my comfort zone. as a child age nine I was a huge fan of the C.H.i.P.'s TV show. had the silly motorbike set and I think some role playing helmet, gun, belt etc. so I found a revival of sorts when it was released on DVD a few years back and took the opportunity to get the box set. OH JOY! pretty much watched all seasons up to five. anyway when I was holiday in the states I found this model kit of the Kawasaki KZ1000 from Aoshima models 1/12 scale, not a bad size but I wish it was a little bigger for my taste. as the bike from the show changed slightly from season to season I found this kit to be I believe from the first two seasons.
I had some extra, spare, convenient, time off so what did I do? I put chips season 1 on and started building it! the DVD's were a great motivator to build. think I did it 3 or 4 days? very clean, detailed kit! liked it so much I bought another., got have two! Cmon! Jon and Ponch Duo! haven't built the other one yet. then I saw the 1980 Revell kit and for old time sake I had to get this one too. mine is still the box but BOY! is there a night and day difference between the two kits, apples and oranges for sure. bad warped molded plastic, tons of flash etc. will take some work to get that one done. anyway just thought I would share a childhood memory come to life. my next one will be lit up with flashing led's for sure. enjoy!

Aloha.
Paul
12-kawasaki-police-1000-windshield_1_262400ada21eadb05ba8e5eae8f55c6b.jpg
1980-chips-kawasaki-motorcycle-model_1_f3762c61e123a6d766f0a6ee35f50c9c.jpg
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1899.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back