OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: OdiWan72s blaster family - Naboo CR-2 heavy blaster

Cool to see you working on the "weirdo" ROTJ Han DL-44 again, I really like that particular blaster

don't think I've seen anyone do this one in metal or afford it the level of respect you have :lol

Have you found a suitable flash hider for it yet?

Cool to see you working on the "weirdo" ROTJ Han DL-44 again, I really like that particular blaster

don't think I've seen anyone do this one in metal or afford it the level of respect you have :lol

Have you found a suitable flash hider for it yet?

Respect for MGC C96´s or what?...nah, not anymore :lol
Once you destroyed a couple of really expensive items by drilling holes in them and adding stuff, you´re getting used to it ;)

I have a real fh I was going to use, even if inaccurate. Will have an accurate one machined at one point for sure

Markus

Want to get a jump start on Rogue One blasters?

First%2BRogue%2BOne%2BLeak%2B3.jpg

:p

We will see how much the new props attract me ;)

@OdiWan72; That is also an original TK, so might be seeing some normal TK blasters as well.

There WILL be standard E-11´s, based on the L2A3, along with M38/M40 scopes, hengstler counter etc., promised !!! :cool

The Hoth rifle lookalike with the DH17 style front end looks promising!

Markus

The Hoth rifle lookalike with the DH17 style front end looks promising!

Markus

Yeah that's the one I'm looking forward to seeing a bigger pic of. I'm still hoping the TFA DH17-ish blaster in the marketing graphics is not the actual gun and it will be something more realistic like this.

Here´s a little someting I was working on today...redoing one of my Luke/ Obi stunts as well as converting a Russrep V2 into -one of- the stunt saber(s) carried by ObiWan (the one with all black grip, brownish neck and greyish emitter). Didn´t add any powercord or the red "switch" to it as of yet...

Thanks for looking

Markus

Really liking these :)

did you paint the pommel cubes they look Matt?

I'm planning an Obi Stunt for my Russrep too but thinking I'm gonna just go all black neck & Emitter

also gonna hopefully add the bubble strip, Transistors & wire to it

what paint did you use on the Emitter?

what will you be using for the red switch? I've not found anything suitable yet

love the V3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 99

Really liking these :)

did you paint the pommel cubes they look Matt?

I'm planning an Obi Stunt for my Russrep too but thinking I'm gonna just go all black neck & Emitter

also gonna hopefully add the bubble strip, Transistors & wire to it

what paint did you use on the Emitter?

what will you be using for the red switch? I've not found anything suitable yet

love the V3

yep, painted the pommel cubes to make them look more like cast metal,the emitter on the V3 is darkened with alu-black.
Have a bubble strip on hand but put one of Slothfurnaces V2 cards in for the pictures

NO IDEA about what to use for the red "switch", if it is one at all!?

the other Luke/ Obi stunt was partially covered in alu-tape, just like the real deal...came out a tad too shiney on the clamp, but I like it anyway. Neck was copper already, but received a treatment with some copper lacquer brushed on.

Markus

that scanner box is really coming together. Amazing to see those designs coming to life.

Aye, it´s great. :D

I would love to build one, too. But i´m not seeing my wife granting it to find a place to display in the living room. She already complains about the Hoth Binoc as a big white chunk - i assume this stuff is for a not as fanatic as us not iconic enough, she loves the lightsabers on display. :cry

Probably white is not as good as shiny metals. :lol

Here is a small update straight from my desktop/ workbench...made some progress on the Hoth scanner today!

There's still much left to do, such as:

- cut/ shape and attach the aluminum "bars" to either side of the scanner
- fill the screw holes of the lower armor plates
- attach the bottom plates
- create a locking-mechanism to firmly connect both halves, while having them detachable at the same time
- make and attach the "teeth" greelies on the back side
- paint some greeblies/ buttons etc.
- find those damn antennaes or having these made
- make an insert from smoked acrylic for the display frame
- weather it

I know this scanner is not accurate (or at least not as accurate, as would like it to be).
I tried to incorporate as many real parts as possible, but had to use substitutes, where THE correct items have not been identified yet.
Working with "close" parts make scaling of the scanner and addons quite difficult, especially considering the weird shape of the box itself.

ANYWAY...I take this box, the V.1 as an item for practising only and WILL have a better, more accurate V.2 done in the future.
Upgrades to the new scanner will be a CNC milled box and top/ bottom plates, lasercut armor plates and "teeth" greeblies for front and back (aluminum), (maybe) aluminum circuit breakers for the top (revised 3D drawings), real -maybe even motorized- antennaes and a lit display with thicker, more accurate frame

Thought you guys would like to see a few pics of the scanner in ist current status anyway...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back