Obi ROTSish Hardware Saber

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpg
The PVC core.
image.jpg
Emitter and wind vane .
image.jpg
The forward grip made from washing machine drain hose.
image.jpg
The pommel fabricated from PVC and covered with aluminum HVAC tape.
image.jpg

Complete and weathered.

The emitter is a sink drain flange and PVC pipe covered with HVAC tape. The wind vane was 3-D printed but I damaged the sleeve, so I cut it off and replaced it with some brass plumbing pipe with the chrome sanded off. I worked in the flare with a pair of pliers.

Wow this is one of the best hardware sabers I’ve ever seen. Great job!
(y)

Thanks. Oh, by the way, before anyone asks... The activation/circuit board is from a 2005 Obi ROTS electronic saber. It was a little shorter than 2", so I custom made the clamp to the length of the board.

That helps, thank you. I was just wondering how wide it was because I’ve seen that thread about using the Tonka truck plastic wheel as an emitter which was a pretty cool idea. Thanks again.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A coworker printed up a forward grip for me from Thingiverse, but it ended up a little big for it's intended purpose. I decided to go with it and build a custom Obi ROTS inspired saber.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I got a little lazy and decided to finish it off with a clamp and emitter I had set aside for a project that I was never going to get to. The pommel is an acrylic faucet handle from the parts box painted silver.

Last edited:
This has come together amazing! Always a supporter of these kind of builds
Thanks. For a throw away/use whatever I have laying around saber, it turned out well. If my coworker can print up the forward grip in the correct scale, maybe I can put together a slightly more accurate Obi ROTS.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back