Nova and Gambit builds

JD of Asgard

I've been working lately on redoing my Gambit costume as well as making a new Sam Alexander Nova costume. I'm going to document my progress here because unlike the facebook friends I'm sure I annoy with constant updates, you guys enjoy costumes haha.

20150110_220757 (1).jpg
Here is my first build of my Nova helmet. I'd like to thank Dracosfire83 for helmet make a Pepakura file for me based on the comics. I could barely find a generic Nova helmet online much less this new and very specific helmet.

Next step is to resin and fiberglass it!

20150112_214057_LLS.jpg
Here's a quick pic of my gambit coat. Ignore my messy work station. Intially I found a tan trench coat a thift store and dyed it brown after several attempts in my dorm room(which ended very messily). But since then I've seen a few tutorials for Gambit costumes on the RPF and I've taken the best of all of them to alter my costume.
I first attempted to straight paint on the jacket but the rain slicking surface proved to just absorb the paint. So I ordered this soft body acrylic paint and gave it a quick coat then painted back over with brown acrylic. Looks way better already and has that leathery look I was going for.

20150110_220757 (1).jpg

20150112_214057_LLS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back