Note to the newbs

crazyk187

Just a note to the Newbs not that I am not still fresh lol ...............If u do anything as fas as makinging anything follow the rules to a capital T. I just spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning all the primer off my mask cuz I did not wash it first. USE THE HUNTATORIALS I was told to use a wire brush and also sand paper too clean it up...........It will mess up the cast ..If anyone finds them self in this mess use a air compressor with the finest tip u can find and just put it on blast and scrape it as it blows it away. This is the only way unless you dont care about the cast..................thank you all for ur help i have learned my lesson........hope my mistake can help someone else.

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

hey man sorry about your helmet, I'm somewhat new here too and awaiting the arrival of my first Bio Helmet, cannot wait, its all so exciting, but i dont know how much selfcontrol i'll have when I'm holding a fresh Hez Celt in my hands. :)

Lol guys it's no prob, we all have to start somewhere; follow Predatrhuntr's painting huntorials (they're awesome trust me) try practising with different materials like: sponges...fabrics anything...experiment on the bio first before starting to paint it always helps. Don't worry if you don't do it right, u can always start over :)
I got a method here that may help you if you are interested in how i did my paint up for my Wolf bio, I got a bucket it of warm soapy water and scrubbed it all for about 5 mins with a brush (why? well if you primer it first the paint will flake off, why? because of mold release. mold release is a substence that occurs during the molding process that makes the bio feel a bit plasticy and shiney so you'll have to scrub all that off, it stops the paint from sticking basically), now for the Black Primer (once dried with a towel) and then another coat once that was dried, spray painted the bio in black paint, then started to brush it all by hand in a boltgun grey colour.
Added a few accyrlic washes and different silvers for lighting and shadow...then added in the details...alot of work i know hehe but it was worth it, this is the way mine came out just to show u:

stuff016.jpg

stuff015.jpg

stuff013.jpg

stuff012.jpg

stuff011.jpg

love the gold around the bones horns whatever lol.......what did u brish it with a sponge, brush???? to stay out of those pits......the paint will still come off with a scrach of my finger nail but i am goingt to weather it and seal it with an acrylic final resin.........................i guess lol i cleaned the **** out of it and sprayed it with primer black...what color gold is that ..............most imporant brush or sponge

love the gold around the bones horns whatever lol.......what did u brish it with a sponge, brush???? to stay out of those pits......the paint will still come off with a scrach of my finger nail but i am goingt to weather it and seal it with an acrylic final resin.........................i guess lol i cleaned the **** out of it and sprayed it with primer black...what color gold is that ..............most imporant brush or sponge

Thanks dude.
Hmmm...depends on what works best for you man i prefer brushes, but sponges can be very useful in creating weathered effects.
Have a bit of experimenting first after u've done ur primering business and yes seel it afterwards for common-sense as there is a chance the paint might scratch off I used Humbrol Enamels Metallic Gold but you can use Testors accrylic gold, as they're almost the same gold. One thing that might help for u is trying out different sponges for different effects this is a very good method as Jason (PredatrHuntr) did the same for his Wolf.

cant seem to get the base coat down with out filling in the dimples....................looks good for my first ever attempt.....thanks for looking

Leave feed back or have your spine removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back