North Texas Meetups - Sunday, October 5th, 1-4pm

Re: North Texas Meetups - Sunday, December 8th at 2pm!

Howdy,

Any of you guys spend time at the Dallas Makerspace? It's off of Walnut Hill and I-35. All sorts of creative groups meet there. They have great workrooms and lots of small and midsize (and larger) meeting rooms.

--Electro--
aka The Other David

I follow the makerspace on Facebook but haven't made it out there yet! Wondered if there were any members of the RPF that frequented there.

On another note, I'm back in town. How does the 1st look for everyone?

I would be out for the weekend of 2/1. I am good the week before or after. Of course, anything can happen between now and then.

Howdy,

One thing I've been told (and noticed myself) by officers of the various groups I've been a member of, is that frequently no one date, time or day will work for everyone.
It comes down to an executive decision being made, and for those who can make it, fine; for those who can work out a way to be there, great; for those who can't, well that does suck. But trying to work around *everyone's* schedule, that's an exercise in futility.
The benefits of a pre-set and recurring date, day or time is that people can then plan for making future meetups. Knowing in advance can help those who have trouble making the meet alter their work schedules/travel itinerary/days off to try to make a few meetings a year.

If y'all can come up with something that the majority can work with, the rest will just have to find a way. It's unfortunate and unfair, but that's the way it works sometimes.

Regards,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

If y'all would still like to meet at my studio, whatever date you choose should work for me. I'll be putting the finishing touches on some blank walls for a Container Store commercial- just paint and a fake outlet: that's about an hour of actual work for the whole weekend :-D

Hey guys! New guy in town, and to prop/costume making. Just wanted to say hi and if there's a meet in the area, I'd love to come and chat! Cheers.

Hey guys! New guy in town, and to prop/costume making. Just wanted to say hi and if there's a meet in the area, I'd love to come and chat! Cheers.
Hi sauranas!
You're welcome to join- subscribe to this thread if you haven't already. We are trying to set up a meet at the end of the month.

Looks like we're all over the map this month, so I'm going to take ElectroDFW's advice and set a date. Let's go with 2/1 since it's the furthest out and can give everyone a little more time to make plans. How about 3pm?

February 1 is cool.

Let's do 2:00pm. Kiddo nap time works best for me

Looks like we're all over the map this month, so I'm going to take ElectroDFW's advice and set a date. Let's go with 2/1 since it's the furthest out and can give everyone a little more time to make plans. How about 3pm?

That's CRAZY man!!! What the heck are you thinking?!
On second thought...yeah that's a good idea :-D
I'll have snacks and beverages available :)

For these smaller meetings people will typically bring a small piece they've been working on or something they want to show, but you don't have to bring anything!

yeah unless you're me, and bring like ten things...

Oh Yeah the 1st - I have a project I need to start and need some help on how to clean it up.

I swear I have to make this one or else I will just leave the RPF in shame.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back