Noisy Cricket

exoray

Master Member
Anyone want to refresh my memory from way back when?

The question I have relates to a MiB ONE Noisy Cricket I picked up MANY years ago from a member here via an Ebay auction... The seller had a VERY detailed description of the gun at the time including the alloy used and everything, I'm pretty sure it was an RPF run of days gone by, but as time has passed I have forgotten all the details...

Mostly just looking to identify who did the run and any specifics of it, it's a CNC full aluminum MiB I version, but beyond that any details are lost...

Anyone have a bone they can toss me on it's origins or who might have done a run way back then?

Sorry no pictures right now as it's on display elsewhere... The only 'quirk' I can disclose off the top of my head that might help identify it, is that the 'hammer' was only press fit and loose fitting at that, no pin or anything holding it in and of course every time someone handles it the hammer falls out, I also believe the trigger moves but isn't actually functional, as in it's not hooked into any type of mechanism or spring assembly...

I promise this time if I get info I will affix it to the bottom of the display box for safe keeping, I had printed out the original auction listing just for that reason but it never got affixed...

Anyway thanks in advance for any help...

I *had* the same piece. I modified the hammer with a pin and spring and press fit some aluminum washers similar to the MIB2 version, just much smaller. Sold it many moons ago...

Free bump as I just don't remember any information regarding who/what/when or where on it.

It might have been Dennis Stines (Dstines)?

Stines isn't ringing a bell, for some reason I have a faint recollection of 'uncle' being contained in the RPF name, but I could be wrong (and none of the current member searches yield anything that pops) such a lack of memory on this one...

I modified the hammer with a pin and spring and press fit some aluminum washers similar to the MIB2 version, just much smaller.

Yeah 'fixing' it is on my long list of to-do's... Right now it has a bandaid fix, aka a small piece of cardboard wedged in there for display...

My own Noisy Cricket was sold under the pretense that it was a kit formed from unused Unobtanium parts, and that mine was not a "one-off" (that there were many sold in this form).

It included graphics for the display, a nylon mesh to insert under the openings for the lights, and I believe a clear piece of plastis with directions for frosting the clear plastic (if I recall correctly).

Any bells ringing?

You said you got it off ebay, could it be an Icons? They did the MIB one's and were made of an alloy if I remember correctly.

Icons were cast alloy, and plated the one in question is machined and buffed/polished from solid aluminum... And yes I got it off Ebay but it was offered by a seller here in the Junkyard, just linked to his/her Ebay...

Any bells ringing?
I have a Unobtainium as well, the Unobtainium is a MiB II version, the one in question is clearly a MiB version...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back