Noble Collection Jumanji game replica ARRIVED! Review with pics!

Started the removal process of the stickers. I liked them but wanted to replace them with my own and going in the right direction. So I got some birch plywood 1/64 very bendable and paper like. Gonna do a image wood transfer using polycrylic or mod podge. Here's what it looks like so far.
20200310_142250.jpg
20200310_142315.jpg

Attachments

• 20200310_142315.jpg
    20200310_142315.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 141
Pitbull would you be able to do a run of the sticker instructions on the wood? Think I’m going to buy this but really want to change out the inaccuracies and the stickers. Just feel like they won’t hold up for long and I want to be able to use it. Thinking about using my dremmel to make a more wood like appearance on the outside of the game and do some repainting for more authentic look, since the original was wood based. Pretty decent Noble Collection prop for $145 though

My only real complain about this prop is there are no magnets in the board. Feel like that’s one thing they could’ve easily added. I’m wondering if there’s a possible way to add this and take it apart without breaking anything. Finding myself with a lot of free time to work on stuff now

Hey guys I did some slight modifications to the board. I added a video brochure module for the riddles (still working on),magnets and some updated tokens I got off etsy. Check out the video :)

Would you be able to post a tutorial or a list of supplies for making this? Absolutely amazing with the animated screen. My roommate is a tech person and helps me with prop projects, so this should be doable. Great job!

I would like to thank the op for putting this up on my radar.
I’ve been looking for an affordable version of this prop for quite some time now and couldn’t possibly churn out 2/5k for the higher end versions but this one absolutely does it for me. The fact that it is playable (and the game is pretty fun) is a big plus. Super happy with this, even with the concessions made on accuracy.

I ordered my board, too...

I just want to use it as a display piece, but I defineatly want to replace the dice and the tokens... So does anyone know a source, where I can get these?

Maybe I change some other parts, but I guess I have to take a closer look, before I know what ese need to be replaced...

I ordered a board after finding this thread, thanks to everyone for posting pics and reviews of their boards.

Has anyone else started working on theirs? I plan on adding magnets and a sound board to hear some drumming...but that's about it.

as soon as I sent my last post it actually got delivered.

Instantly tore mine apart and have some magnets and a sound board ordered to play the drums. Plenty of space for electronics.

As I said, I would like to change the dice. The tokens aren't that bad, I just don't know if they have the correct size.

The rules are just stickers, but no idea how to make wooden ones for both sites.

But I was really surprised when I got it. It looks better than on the pictures. It would be interesting to see, what a professional painter could do with it.

I agree about the rules needing replacement, wood panels would elevate the look.

In the interim, here's a cool youtube video someone posted showing how to install magnets to your board. Note, it also gives you a nice look at how to open the back.

Started the removal process of the stickers. I liked them but wanted to replace them with my own and going in the right direction. So I got some birch plywood 1/64 very bendable and paper like. Gonna do a image wood transfer using polycrylic or mod podge. Here's what it looks like so far. View attachment 1274705View attachment 1274706
Hey! Have you finished the wooden boards? I am very curious to see how they turned out.

After being out of the prop-making loop for what seems like a few years, I've just ordered one of these and plan to see what it can look like with a decent paintjob - can that awful Van Pelt be saved?!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back