Noble Collection Jumanji game replica ARRIVED! Review with pics!

Nice purchase ! It looks great at such a reasonable price.

As an aside, I saw they have a miniature one at $25, with lights & sounds. I wonder why on earth they did not do L&S on the full size one too :unsure:
I've been asking myself the same question.

Funky, how does the fake wood plastic look in person. I don’t love how it looks in pics, but I figure it would be easy enough to paint.

Would it be a good idea to rework the whole board or is it then just better to go with a replica...?

The whole board can certainly be re-worked as its got good bones, but me personally, it would be more trouble than it's worth, ie, the payoff may not be equal to the labor.

Funky, how does the fake wood plastic look in person. I don’t love how it looks in pics, but I figure it would be easy enough to paint.

It has "the look" but nobody would mistake it for actual wood. I think in this particular case, JUST painting the "wood" areas would totally be worth it if you have a technique that looks convincing (in which case, please share!)

I’d probably do it similar to marbling. Go over with a lighter brown and do a wet wash with a darker brown for the grain look

Well, it's here!
First impression, it's heavy. I mean (in my opinion) unusually heavy! I'm no expert but it certainly looks full sized to me.
I think I can safely say that it's almost all thick plastic and resin.
IMG_1797.JPG

Here's the best screenshot of the Rhino. How does yours compare for the PITTED appearance. Seems like it might be doable with a small Dremel bit if it's not this pock-marked.

I checked some YT videos... I have to say, I had a replica of this years ago and this one here looks thicker than the replica. It's still a cool replica, but something looks.... wrong... I don't know, if thats because of the plastic look or maybe it is really bigger than the replica...

Does someone own a replica and the Noble board for comparison?

That looks great!!!
Can you give more details on how you did the video module? I would love to do this on mine!

That looks great!!!
Can you give more details on how you did the video module? I would love to do this on mine!
I ordered the video module from hong Kong it's called a video brochure module. 7" screen with on/off button and built in 1gb storage space on pcb and micro usb charge. I snugged everything away in 8x10 foam board and cut it to fit the lcd and other parts and to fit inside the board. Hope that helps a little. I attached a pic what it looks like.

-Mike
1583195584551.jpg

I went ahead and made another little modification.i added the white hinge pieces like on the original board and it pops. I'm surprised they didn't originally add that. I need to make the rules going the right way and add sound still.

I been getting some messages about board and I'll get back to you all soon

-Mike
20200303_140421.jpg
20200303_140554.jpg

It's not a sticker theres glue dabs underneath. Might he able to put a heat gun over and melt the glue and lift it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back