nm

I love it. It instantly reminds one of the movie, and without the poster, it'd be very subtle. Most of my replicas are displayed in a more "natural" setting. Who wouldn't want to try on that hat when they come over?

I'm also always surprised / impressed by how much non-scifi props really capture the general public's imagination. My Goonies key and coin get way more compliments than any of my other stuff.

Oh, and my grandmother actually has a very similar carpet bag, and we used to tease her. I believe it was made out of upholstery, not carpet. . .

I didn't even realize the poster was a painting. I had to scroll back up and REALLY look at it. That makes it even better that your dad did it.

Did your mom cry when you all presented it to her?

What a fantabulous display.

I especially liked the hat rack coming out of the bag. That was a nice touch. But as I read through the post, I see you've already mentioned that.

Thanks for shraring this display. It is really quite special.

Ted.

An accurate frame for an umbrella like that would be tough.

I like it because its different.

Its great to see somthing different.

Not just a prop but a whole display. :)

Oh man...this is fantastic... (It's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious)

I love that movie too and LOVE your display.
As mentioned above...it's a breath of fresh air...really :)

Total Magic.

I'll be She had a Jolly Holiday indeed...

That is so awesome.....

I think that would make any mother cry.... Or wife....Or both in that case. That was really the sweetest thing I have read about in a long long time......

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back