Nightwing costume sculpture

Yes, this was a commission piece, where I did the sculpture, made a mold and the client got the mold. Here are a couple of progress shots from way back.
nightwingday2_1.jpg

nightwingday2_2.jpg

bobdullam.com
Any questions contact: gail.thequeen@gmail.com

That's so awesome my eyes fell out! lol
Seriously Nightwing is awesome, probably my favorite Batman protege. You should do a Batman Beyond thing too... I'd buy that, of course I'd buy Nightwing too... quit making me want to buy stuff!

Honestly though fantastic job, such detailed work in so little time that's absolutely amazing.

Ended up in this thread from the Arkham thread. BD posted these pics without the commissioners permission but thats neither here nor there at this point.

Heres a few shots of the finished suit.

Version 1.1
Harley2.jpg

Version 2.1
P1190163.jpg

IMG_0861.png

with PVC prototype sticks in magnetically held in place
P1180612.jpg

P1190701.jpg

prior to the neoprene undersuit
P1190721.jpg

P1190778.jpg

P1190839.jpg

P1190839.jpg

Matt Hiscox : BTS photo from filming
IMG_0961.jpg

I sculpted a mask which is run in 4lb soft cold foam so it moves with the
wearers face when glued down like an appliance.

I sculpted a zipper cover to create a full wrap approach to this since after
Jose did WATCHMEN that pretty much set the standard.

Lastly I made escrime that are magnetic and magnetic and attach to the suit better than you would ever think. We were shocked that's for sure. Haven't had a chance to do a photo shot for the finished suit because it had to get out there studio door and into production for a film called BATMAN : DEATHWISH which will premiere at ArizonaCON on January 7th and then I think topless robot is where it ends up after that.

Not completely finished with this build, just sculpted some boot armor and
glove armor to bring things more in line with the comic styling, but over all
I have come to like what was done.

Hey Bats, looks amazing dude :D

But how did you create the armor ?
did you make a cast of your body then added the armor, then made a mold of that, removed the clay and then casted it ?

Will you sell replica''s of this armor as well because to be honnest seeing your armor lol i want one :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back