Newbie Question about the Rareprops.net. Are they legit?

marooncartoon

Hi guys, I'm really pleased to be apart of this community as props are a real passion of mine.

I am trying to build up a collection of props from Santa Claus The Movie (1985) and I came across a prop in rareprops.net... who I haven't heard anything about. Can anyone one recommend them? Are they credible/legit?

I really want to get this Santa Claus The Movie - elf blueprint prop from Rare Props but am a bit wary of the site.

Any help would be much appreciated:thumbsup

Hey brother,

I don't know for sure, but I can tell you other people here are very very knowledgeable.

I trust screenused.com and propstore.com and would recommend them very highly!

Hope that helps at least a little!

--Chuck

They've been around for a long time. I ordered stuff from him back in 2004 I believe. Was happy with it. But that was 7 years ago too. I'm not saying it's a big recommendation, but I didn't have a problem with my one order.

I emailed him about a prop and it came back un delivered the address was the same one on the site, my opinion is it looks too new for my likeing, but that's my opinion and don't want to make your mind up.

Jericho

I bought from him long ago to, and had no problems.

My friend won something from ebay from him, but that never showed up.

I've tried contacting him via email, ebay, and ringing the number as he has some stuff im interested in.

I cannot get hold of him at all. So no idea if hes still in business.

I wonder if I took a chance and just bought it, I wonder how much of a risk I would be taking? Once I get a COA... although, how genuine are those? Couldn't anyone just make one up? I did get baddly ripped off before, so I'm very scetchy about buying props nowadays.

well i put some stuff in my basket on the site, and it sends and email to ask for a total etc...again i never got anything back.

I dont think you can pay until he sends another email out.

well i put some stuff in my basket on the site, and it sends and email to ask for a total etc...again i never got anything back.

I dont think you can pay until he sends another email out.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw an option to pay with PayPal.

I'm not sure i'd risk it, esp if hes not even answering the phone.

I'd try and make contact first...if he doesnt reply. Dont buy!

If you cant get hold of him when he hasnt even got your money, how are you going to get hold of him when he has got your money?

I'm not sure i'd risk it, esp if hes not even answering the phone.

I'd try and make contact first...if he doesnt reply. Dont buy!

If you cant get hold of him when he hasnt even got your money, how are you going to get hold of him when he has got your money?

Fair point. I won't risk it. I'll wait and see what happens. I contacted him via his ebay account, so we'll see what happens. I'll let you all know if I get any reply.
It's so annoying... I really want this to be legit, as I'm always after SCTM props.

Thanks again folks:thumbsup

I know this is not what you are looking for, take me 3 minutes,

Print it, use some tea, coffee, lemon and iron, crump

and your prop it's ready, cheap as a single piece of paper

it doesn't have background

Last edited:
I know this is not what you are looking for, take me 3 minutes,

Print it, use some tea, coffee, lemon and iron, crump

and your prop it's ready, cheap as a single piece of paper

it doesn't have background

I really appreciate that... thanks.

I suppose one way of looking at it would be that, if I had have bought the one on rareprops and it had turned out to be a fake, then this would be just as good, so thanks a million for sending that on.:thumbsup

Just out of interest, where did you get the picture/photo from? It looks really clean.

This guy is no longer operational, and in the past has had dubious practices. Don't buy!

Last edited:
This guy is no longer operational, and in the past has had dubitious practices. Don't buy!

I guess it's good thing so. Thanks for the info.

I'm gutted though... I was really hoping this was going to be something that I could get, so that I could start a SCTM props collection.

Does anyone know of any for sale or where I might look? Prop store never seem to have any.

Almost the same scenario here, I've bought many an item from him in the past without a hitch but sadly no comms whatsoever re a recent purchase request! Gave up in the end and bought elsewhere...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back